Menu

The bad and nasty things autocorrect has done to you.

FaithManor

This made me remember...when Facebook messenger first came out with the giant emojis you could send, I made a mistake. A friend of a friend was diagnosed with cancer. We weren't really friends in real life, but she was a Facebook friend. I went into my messenger app to send her a quick message and while I was there, I noticed something new. I clicked On the emojis out of curiosity, having no idea that by clicking I was actually sending. Of course, the one I clicked on was the giant, green puking emoji!!! I was horrified. I quickly typed up a message explaining what I did. It was so embarrassing. Thankfully, she has a great sense of humor and she told our mutual friend that it gave her a chuckle.

That happened to me too.....I was part of a group text of several close friends......our friends son had received some devastating health news and I meant to send a crying face but sent a laughing with tears face. My son pointed it out to me. I sent a text correcting myself but my friends just laughed thankfully.

These are SO SO SO funny!!!  I'm wiping away tears!!!

I was texting w/someone about going to a friend's sporting event. The text was supposed to say that I was going to Zach's games. It got changed to "s*x games"   :huh:

A friend who is a realtor thought he was sending "Great!" to a client.  What he actually sent was "Teat!"   :laugh:

• Like 3

I have troubles with texting about a "nut allergy" which always changes to butt allergy.

I honestly have the most trouble with text to speech or whatever that is called. 

I once texted a friend about testicles when I meant to text about times tables.

Another time I was driving home and used text to speech to tell DH that I was almost home and could he help back it into the garage. He replied Yes please. I didn't understand (as I am not looking at phone-driving) why he seemed so happy to do so. Then I receive another reply that says, "maybe you should be more careful to enunciate clearly or not use text to speech LOL." Which left me wondering what I had said! When I got home I read my text. Text to speech was oh so helpful and changed the word garage to crotch. Ya...good thing it just went to DH.  :blush:

Edited by bluemongoose
  • Like 10

I have troubles with texting about a "nut allergy" which always changes to butt allergy.

I honestly have the most trouble with text to speech or whatever that is called.

Another time I was driving home and used text to speech to tell DH that I was almost home and could he help back it into the garage. He replied Yes please. I didn't understand (as I am not looking at phone-driving) why he seemed so happy to do so. Then I receive another reply that says, "maybe you should be more careful to enunciate clearly or not use text to speech LOL." Which left me wondering what I had said! When I got home I read my text. Text to speech was oh so helpful and changed the word garage to crotch. Ya...good thing it just went to DH. :blush:

:D Awesome!

I'm a tutor.

The word tutoring frequently gets changed to torturing. For some students it may be true. :huh: :lol:

Me too! Mostly I catch it before I hit send, but at least one 'just a reminder that we have...'s torturing session booked for 3pm today' has been sent!!! ðŸ˜ðŸ˜‚

• Like 3

Another time I was driving home and used text to speech to tell DH that I was almost home and could he help back it into the garage. He replied Yes please. I didn't understand (as I am not looking at phone-driving) why he seemed so happy to do so. Then I receive another reply that says, "maybe you should be more careful to enunciate clearly or not use text to speech LOL." Which left me wondering what I had said! When I got home I read my text. Text to speech was oh so helpful and changed the word garage to crotch. Ya...good thing it just went to DH.  :blush:

I don't know where you live, but I can say without a doubt that speech to text or voice recognition was NOT made for people from Texas. Everytime I try to use it I end up in a giant argument with my car and feeling absolutely ridiculous. Siri is slightly better, but not much. I totally thing it's the engineers having laughs at our expense! It always makes me think of that BBC skit with the Scottish guys stuck in the voice controlled elevator. That's what I feel like when I try to get my car to do something with its voice control recognition.  :cursing:

Edited by texasmom33

I am wiping my tears, choking from laughing too hard.  I know I have sent some doosies in my day, but I can't remember them. 

I just remember a particular technology gaffe when email first became a thing at work many years ago.  I meant to send an email to a group of people who had attended my promotion party, thanking them and laughing over some of the silliness that had ensued.  Of course, it sounded way worse in the email than what really happened.  Unfortunately, I used the wrong mailing list (not my team) and sent it to the entire company.  :blushing: :blushing:.  Later that day, the president of the company  (someone I had only seen from a distance) stopped by my cubicle to tell me that he enjoyed my recap of the event and wanted to "party with me."  I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me whole.  (It wasn't creepy or anything, just joking around that we were a fun bunch.) 

• Like 1

I don't know where you live, but I can say without a doubt that speech to text or voice recognition was NOT made for people from Texas. Everytime I try to use it I end up in a giant argument with my car and feeling absolutely ridiculous. Siri is slightly better, but not much. I totally thing it's the engineers having laughs at our expense! It always makes me think of that BBC skit with the Scottish guys stuck in the voice controlled elevator. That's what I feel like when I try to get my car to do something with its voice control recognition.  :cursing:

I have a lot of issues with our Echo. She's always giving me the weather for the wrong area because she misunderstands. It's not even close to what I say. I think I need to start using the remote to interrupt her because I think she has brain damage from the toddler throwing her a few times.

I am wiping my tears, choking from laughing too hard. I know I have sent some doosies in my day, but I can't remember them.

I just remember a particular technology gaffe when email first became a thing at work many years ago. I meant to send an email to a group of people who had attended my promotion party, thanking them and laughing over some of the silliness that had ensued. Of course, it sounded way worse in the email than what really happened. Unfortunately, I used the wrong mailing list (not my team) and sent it to the entire company. :blushing: :blushing:. Later that day, the president of the company (someone I had only seen from a distance) stopped by my cubicle to tell me that he enjoyed my recap of the event and wanted to "party with me." I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me whole. (It wasn't creepy or anything, just joking around that we were a fun bunch.)

Oh my gosh- I can only imagine the mortification- but your story made me laugh. I remember when I worked in a big office and an email would be sent and "recalled". All that did as ensure EVERYONE opened it and read it since it never pulled it off the exchange- it just flagged it as recalled. It was like a giant OPEN me sign. We saw some pretty interesting emails occasionally. :)

Not in the south...I wouldn't say I'm from a place with a heavy accent. It just doesn't like me  :001_smile:

Another time I was driving home and used text to speech to tell DH that I was almost home and could he help back it into the garage. He replied Yes please. I didn't understand (as I am not looking at phone-driving) why he seemed so happy to do so. Then I receive another reply that says, "maybe you should be more careful to enunciate clearly or not use text to speech LOL." Which left me wondering what I had said! When I got home I read my text. Text to speech was oh so helpful and changed the word garage to crotch. Ya...good thing it just went to DH. :blush:

Lol I nearly peed my pants reading this one. I'm seriously dying.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk