What's with the ads?

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously what is wrong with (some) people?

101 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#101 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36103 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:41 AM

SparklyUnicorn,

Were you meaning that they were weird losers because of their attitudes?

I didn't get the impression that you thought they were losers because they were failing the class or getting poor test scores. I got the impression it was because of their attitudes. Laughing about math, like it was a joke and that the failing was nothing serious yet it was a hard class in which to be accepted...how could they be so flippant?

I think it is a sign of embarrassment. And I understand about being brought up to think education was not important. It is not like it was unimportant, but just, "do your school stuff. You'll end up like the rest of the family anyway." (That wasn't said, it seemed implied). I was sick a lot and missed a lot of school, but I learned so much at home.

This probably explains some of the reactions here. 

• Gaillardia likes this

#102 J-rap

J-rap

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10907 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:20 AM

My guess is that if either of those boys discovered they had gotten an A on their last math test, they'd be very pleased.  They've probably just come to think that they cannot do it, because of their upbringing, or past experiences, or a learning disorder, or who knows what.  Making fun of math and laughing about it is simply a way to deal with it that helps them feel better about it all.  I think it's really as simple as that.

• Corraleno, Mergath and SparklyUnicorn like this