Menu

What goes with Chik-fil-a Chicken Nuggets??

goldberry

This is a bit early, but we were talking about planning for DD's graduation party in May.  Her one request for food is Chik-fil-a chicken nuggets.  It's kind of a thing among her friends, they are always buying a 30 piece tray to share.

This will be a backyard-sort-of-thing, with a snack on the go set up.  I'm drawing a blank how to build a food menu around chicken nuggets.  Baked beans?  Mashed potatoes?

Suggestions??

(Obviously need other main dish besides nuggets...)

Edited by goldberry

I'm not sure how I'm going to serve.  If I put things outside, how do I keep bugs from getting things, especially like a fruit tray?

How buggy is it there that time of the year?

Here it would be just a few stray flies, so I would have everything in Tupperware or Pampered Chef covered trays or bowls (because that's what I have), and then uncover right before lunch.  But if you have swarms of gnats or lots of mosquitoes or anything like that, maybe you should have people help themselves inside and then go outside with their plates.  Then periodically a host type person should carry around the serving containers to offer more, individually.  

• Like 2

I'm not sure how I'm going to serve.  If I put things outside, how do I keep bugs from getting things, especially like a fruit tray?

Dollar stores usually have really large clear plastic bowls that you can invert over trays to keep them covered.  Or you can go to a place like GFS and buy deli trays that have clear lids. Some Sam's Clubs and Walmart stores will sell you trays and covers from there delis. 

You can also use things like a nesco roaster to keep warm things in. The covers will keep bugs out. 

• Like 2

Order the Chic Fil A biscuits to go with the nuggets! I also agree with PP suggestion of baked beans and/or mashed potatoes. I  :001_wub:  CFA nuggets. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Diamond-5.5-Oz-Snack-Cups/120518533?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=e18006d8-c11a-4413-8586-5df45a33f4e8&config_id=2&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=e18006d8-c11a-4413-8586-5df45a33f4e8&item_id=120518533&parent_anchor_item_id=17056809&parent_item_id=17056809&placement_id=irs-2-m2&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=bkJNDcJaNbtP3gZcH8xbDU

You can also pre-portion the fruit into individual cups with lids. Bonus is they will already be in a "bowl" but not one so huge that people take half a gallon of fruit salad because they just fill up the paper bowls commonly used. No one likes fruit salad oozing all over their other food...

I served individual bags of chips and pretzels, rather than setting out larger bags. Not too expensive at Adams club or Gordon Food Services (restaurant supply store)

Edited by Rebel Yell
  • Like 5

Order the Chic Fil A biscuits to go with the nuggets! I also agree with PP suggestion of baked beans and/or mashed potatoes. I  :001_wub:  CFA nuggets. 

We do too!  But I thought some of the adults might want something more like real food...

Fine. You can get them the strips.  :laugh:

Love it!

We live in a rural area near a larger city.  We always say our small town would be "totally complete" if we only had a Chik-fil-A...  As it is, whenever we are "down the hill" the CFA is a scheduled stop!

Don't forget plenty of Chick-fil-a sauce. <3

My friend got their wraps for a party and they were nice (in case you want to make life easy for yourself).

I'd probably do chips + dip (I'm always surprised at how popular dip is), fruit salad, cole slaw or green salad, etc.  

They also sell their lemonade by the gallon.

• Like 2

I agree that nuggets are adult food. :) My DH and I went to a casual event catered by CFA. They had everything--their strips, nuggets, wraps, even the chicken salad sandwiches! DH and I both walked away with plates loaded with nuggets and fruit. Lol...I love the nuggets!

Maybe you can bulk it up with one of those big, Hawaiian loafs that's been hollowed out and filled with spinach dip (chunks of bread all around the platter.)

Pasta salad also sounds good (maybe a heavier one, like Mexican favors and black beans/corn).

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

I saw a video where someone bought the polynesian sauce from Chick fil a and ran it in a chocolate fountain. I thought that was an AWESOME idea. :D  Then you could decorate all hawaiian themed, with grass skirts and pineapples and cut fruit and...

I went to an open house where they did the chicken strips. They also served the baked ham sandwiches you do on the hawaiian rolls. I don't think they fiddled with sides particularly, maybe just chips and a vege tray. I thought it was a nice blend.  Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Slider | King's Hawaiian Recipes

Either the dollar store options or you can usually find the disposable trays, like grocery stores put stuff on, that have clear lids.

Our Harris Twitter sells the trays w/ lids - we just ask at the deli. I think maybe they are a couple of dollars - not much at all.