What's with the ads?

#151 soror

soror

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12563 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 08:45 PM

When you think of the food you just ate as "indulgent", the hunger hormone (ghrelin)  goes down after eating it. When you think of it as "healthy" it rises again!  Study: (summary by Yale where it was done; http://news.yale.edu...u-think-you-eat

Suggested solutions; Focus on what was indulgent about your meal, make choices with indulgent textures http://www.health.co...-eat-healthy--0

"Exercising" triggers your desire for a reward and influences your food choiceshttps://link.springe...1002-014-9301-6

What are your thoughts? Have you observed these phenomena in yourself? What are your ideas about how to change the mind-body connection in a way that works for your goals? 

Very interesting. I don't know how that relates to me. I like healthy food, sometimes I want more of it, sometimes I can't stop eating carbs, an sometmes my boy just doesn't work right. I can see that if you think of healthy food as torture you won't be able to keep with the "diet". 

With exercise, it seems to depend on the duration level for me more than anything, shorter and more intense my appetite decreases, long sessions(2hrs+) even if really low intensity and I'm starving

• Laurie4b, Greta and OlgaLA like this

#152 wintermom

wintermom

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5733 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 09:59 PM

Tennis was really fun tonight. My partner and I rocked our ladies doubles match, and dh and I rocked our mixed doubles even more. My serving was still good, but my other shots had improved also from Thursday, thank goodness.  :p

• Greta, OlgaLA and soror like this

#153 Greta

Greta

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7108 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Greta = kudos on your workout. I've had a hard time finding the right carb level for me too. I never did keto but i used to feel great on lower carb, these days I don't but SAD carb level doesn't work for me either. 

Thanks!

Yeah, there's got to be a happy medium for me somewhere between keto and SAD, but I haven't found it yet!  I'll just keep experimenting, I guess.  I counted carb grams very carefully when I was doing keto, and I had done it enough that it became quite easy.  So I could go back to that.  But if I can manage it, I think I'd rather just eyeball serving size and count/limit that instead.  

#154 solascriptura

solascriptura

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1457 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

Very interesting. I don't know how that relates to me. I like healthy food, sometimes I want more of it, sometimes I can't stop eating carbs, an sometmes my boy just doesn't work right. I can see that if you think of healthy food as torture you won't be able to keep with the "diet".

With exercise, it seems to depend on the duration level for me more than anything, shorter and more intense my appetite decreases, long sessions(2hrs+) even if really low intensity and I'm starving

For me intense exercise seems to curb my appetite. Strolls and light exercise makes me crave junk so weird!
  • Greta, OlgaLA and wintermom like this

#155 wintermom

wintermom

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5733 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

I managed to squeeze in a really fun cross-country ski before the rain started. I went with a tennis friend of mine with the goal of letting her try out skate skiing equipment. She loved the skate skiing on the flat and downhill parts, but not the uphill parts. The "problem" with skate skiing uphill is that you have to keep moving the skis in order to conserve momentum and it takes an extreme amount of effort, especially when you're not used to it. You feel like your chest is going to explode. It is invigorating, in a similar way jumping from a hot sauna into a frozen lake is invigorating. So it's not everyone's cup of tea.  :laugh:

We ended up swapping skis so she could use the more familiar classic skis. These ones also have the fish scales on so you don't have to wax them, and you can pretty much walk straight up most hills. 

Other than my Cliff bar during the ski, I had no appetite for food. I've experienced something similar to you, solascriptura. I need some sugar and protein immediately, but then I'm not craving food.

• Greta, OlgaLA and solascriptura like this

#156 Greta

Greta

Empress Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7108 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 07:25 PM

Had a really nice bike ride with my husband today.  The weather cooled off a bit, so it was really pleasant.  A bit breezy, but I don't mind that, I was just so thrilled it wasn't hot!  We went 8 miles, and had almost 800 ft of elevation gain.  

• OlgaLA and Kassia like this

#157 OlgaLA

OlgaLA

Hive Mind Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:37 PM

I can't even think about food after intensive training. Then in a couple of hours I want proteins. I crave carbs and sugars after a "brain workout".

#158 myblessings4

myblessings4

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6389 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

I did get my ab work done this mornong and pretty much got my steps in, but that part was unintentional. Nothing else today!