What's with the ads?

Photo
- - - - -

If you understand teens, help me out here...

105 replies to this topic

What's with the ads?

#101 2squared

2squared

Turd Nugget in Training

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2493 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

Sweats with elastic bottoms are great for shorter people. I've used that trick for all my kids when their wastes are ready for the next size but their height isn't yet.
  • Hilltopmom likes this

#102 laundrycrisis

laundrycrisis

Hive Mind Queen Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3483 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 10:48 PM

Take the pair that used to fit.  Find the waist and length.  Order some jeans with the waist and length numbers adjusted to what you think will fit.  Order them from a  store with a good return policy and a local location so you can physically return or exchange them.  JCPenney works for us.   Mine gets to have input on the color and style.  We try approximate sizes until we get it right.  

#103 Scarlett

Scarlett

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18044 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

I thought of this thread because I am taking my son jeans shopping today. I am waiting on him to finish the ACT then off to the mall. He has filled out so much I think he can go to a non slim cut now. He was in a slim 32/34 but all his jeans are too tight now. So probably a 34/34 classic/regular fit.

#104 fairfarmhand

fairfarmhand

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9866 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:02 AM

I'm like that. I hate shopping and I hate trying on clothes. Standing in a cubby taking off all my clothes while shoppers meander around just annoys me. And then I look in the mirror and every body insecurity I have roars into my mind. I imagine it would be even worse if I had a hard fit for my clothes and had to visit every store in the mall to find something that would work. It would be torture for me and make me feel bad about myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#105 SparklyUnicorn

SparklyUnicorn

Beekeeping Professor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33733 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:11 AM

I'm like that. I hate shopping and I hate trying on clothes. Standing in a cubby taking off all my clothes while shoppers meander around just annoys me. And then I look in the mirror and every body insecurity I have roars into my mind. I imagine it would be even worse if I had a hard fit for my clothes and had to visit every store in the mall to find something that would work. It would be torture for me and make me feel bad about myself.

Oh gawd yes.  I hate shopping, trying on clothes, AND I have a hard to fit size.  I often go long periods of time just wearing crap that's falling apart because I don't like it.  So I do understand him somewhat.  But ya know there DOES come a point where one needs to.  Hehe..

I lost a lot of weight fairly recently.  I went to the store and just grabbed stuff without trying it and hoped for the best.  One pair fit great.  One was too big but I wear them anyway.  Shirts were all too big, but I wear them anyway. 

I just don't care.  Although I don't think I'm exactly ridiculous either. 

#106 fairfarmhand

fairfarmhand

Amateur Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9866 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:06 AM

Oh gawd yes. I hate shopping, trying on clothes, AND I have a hard to fit size. I often go long periods of time just wearing crap that's falling apart because I don't like it. So I do understand him somewhat. But ya know there DOES come a point where one needs to. Hehe..

I lost a lot of weight fairly recently. I went to the store and just grabbed stuff without trying it and hoped for the best. One pair fit great. One was too big but I wear them anyway. Shirts were all too big, but I wear them anyway.

I just don't care. Although I don't think I'm exactly ridiculous either.

My dh (engineer) says the purpose of clothes is to not be naked. Your son may feel similarly. He probably thinks Ridiculous is a matter of opinion!

• SparklyUnicorn likes this