Menu

Accountability Thread: 3/19-3/25

Good Sunday morning! Spring break is on for some folks, but not for us. We are taking ours the last week of March. But this is a short week; we will be done with the week's work in four days instead of five.

Today's plan: Rest, relax, picnic, boys kayak, I snooze on the lake's edge. :001_smile:

• Like 3

Happy Monday :)

I'm clear for home birth in 45 minutes lol. Baby won't come for at least three weeks but it's sill exciting. All the normal stuff is on the menu for tomorrow. First standardized testing is this week so I also need to get ds comfortable with the computer format thing tomorrow.

• Like 3

Good Monday.

Today's schedule:

French-Lesson 14, DVD, workbook

Latin-Lesson 11, workbook, review 3rd form vocab, grammar of verbs

Math-Lesson 13, 1 pg KTD

Grammar/Composition-new words for spelling, exercise 9 in grammar, WWS Week 15, Day 1

History-Cp 11, outline/summary, additional reading

Science-Cp 11, answer questions

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, minor cooking.

• Like 2

I'm clear for home birth in 45 minutes lol. Baby won't come for at least three weeks but it's sill exciting. All the normal stuff is on the menu for tomorrow. First standardized testing is this week so I also need to get ds comfortable with the computer format thing tomorrow. 

How exciting!

• Like 2

Got everything done except DS's math yesterday. Oops. My goal is to finish this new chapter of BA with him before the baby and them switch him to MM blue book on fractions for a while. He'll like it and can do it a little more independently.

Today

-math for everyone

-writing letters to grandma for handwriting/spelling/writing all in one

-their normal computer extras

-piano lessons

For me:

Cancel one Dr appt, schedule a different one, Russian, declutter one area, make banana muffins.

• Like 3

Good gravy--I'm mean Tuesday. I ought to have my day up by now!

French-finish lesson 14

Latin-finish lesson 11

Math-lesson 15, 1 page KTD

Grammar/Comp-spelling practice, Grammar exercises 1 and 2 (KISS 2.0 for sixth grade--it doesn't feel like sixth grade!), and WWS Day 2

History/Science-swap from yesterday.

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Writers' Meeting

• Like 2

Kids had one of those magical "this is why I homeschool" days up until about 5pm (when they started to get tired) today. It was pretty great. Most things gone done, what didn't was replaced by a science documentary that they were all completely fascinated by, a long stretch playing outside, and several hours of "art" that went from actual drawing to dragging in recycling to build houses and barns out of cardboard.  DS4 dominated my teaching time in the morning, demanding another lesson from 100EZ and 15 pages of Singapore Essentials A. He also read a BOB book and then relayed the story to his 8 year old brother with so much enthusiasm it was unbelievable. "And then there was this one guy, called Sam. And he actually SAT on Mat's HEAD!  Right on top of him! Oh it was ridiculous!!"  Big brother demonstrated appropriate encouragement. Super awesome. 

Wednesday:

-Take out trash

- Math and writing for everyone, as best as I can do.  

-Russian for me

- Possibly I have to grocery shop

-Kids have afternoon choir practice

• Like 3

That sounds like a great day, CadenceSophia! Hoping for a repeat today.

Today's schedule:

French-quiz

Latin-quiz

Math-lesson 15, I think, KTD

Grammar/Composition-spelling practice, grammar exercise, WWS Day 3

History-finish the chapter, outlining, summary, additional reading

Science-additional reading, outlining, summary

For me: French, Latin, Geometry, Writing, Housekeeping, Nap.

• Like 3

It's been a long time since I've kept up with what we're doing here. Our schedule has been pretty crazy and we've been squeezing lessons in between appointments, home repairs, and out of town trips.

Today, I am cuddling a sad, sick toddler while he watches Curious George (I swear this movie gives him ideas!) so I have a few minutes to post.

I hope I can do school work with the big kids while he (and the toddler I babysit) naps. Reading aloud, reading lesson, handwriting practice, and addition math facts for ds. Reading aloud, writing, and multiplication facts for dd. Nature study and history for both kids.

Tonight after the kids go to bed, I need to print a new cursive kit I got from TpT and print and laminate a new school schedule I got from some blog. It has cards for the time and separate cards for the lesson/activity so we can change things up easily depending on what the day brings. I'm hoping it helps the kids when it comes to expectations.

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 2

We were successful yesterday but it took until 5:30 to get my oldest through his stuff. Not because he was working all day of course, just because of stalling, excuses, naps, bad attitude, and growing boy hunger. Ds and DD also listened to an entire 9h audio book in 24 hours, which required carrying the Echo dot/Alexa thing room to room with them and staying together all day. My kids are weird.

Today --

Math, phonics, typing, piano for all

Greek for DS - review lessons 1-3. Not sure about going on to lesson 4. Finally going to finish Treasure Island which is the audio book I have been saving exclusively for car rides, but I have been trying really hard not to go anywhere with the kids for the last two weeks :)

Russian for me (skipped yesterday. I was too tired)

Midwife appt in afternoon

Must cook a proper dinner as DH will most likely be home from his work trip to eat it, unless he gets running late and needs to stop and eat.

• Like 3

Here's what we've done so far today: read alouds, multiplication drills, a history lesson, nature study, a phonics lesson for ds, and handwriting practice for ds and dd. Breakfast, morning chores, 2 loads of laundry, starting the slow cooker, and lunch happened in there, too.

I'm putting the little ones down for their naps and then I have to take ds1 in for allergy injections (dh is home to stay with the others), run a few errands, and hopefully make it home before the thunderstorms start! :scared:

Family movie night tonight! Have a good weekend, everyone!

• Like 2

Yay for Friday! DH is home. I got to go to bed early last night and sleep in a little late. Miraculous!

Math, phonics, handwriting, typing, piano, plus Greek for DS. Reading lesson for DS4. Russian for me. All of us cleaning up the house both for the weekend and for the babysitter -- I get to go on a date with my hubby tonight. Woohoo!

• Like 2

I have 9 pages of a test to correct and the stupid program gave me no answer guide.  So I have to search out the answers in all sixteen chapters we've covered so far in biology.  I am not amused.  I get a reward of some kind when I finish the  first page.  I don't know what.  I just had a snack so I  don't even want a chocolate chip.