Menu

Learning to swim with videos

MistyMountain

I really like the swim to fly video series in YouTube. They sell a download pack to but the video online seems to give a lot of instruction too. It was hard to find the time and budget for swim lessons and they were not working. In one day I finally got my oldest swimming by watching a video. I think it will take longer for my other two because they are more nervous. I myself never really learned anything besides swimming underwater and treading water with the doggy paddle and I think these will help me.

Has anyone else taught kids to swim by using YouTube videos?

I didn't even know to look for videos like that. Thank you for posting.

I have had no luck in teaching my child with autism to swim. We've tried formal lessons and I've tried to teach him using what I've seen in those lessons on my own. It scares me that he can't swim.  I am going to try that video. Maybe it will help me help him.

• Like 1

Yea I know. I found the one where it is learn to swim in 3 steps first with bubbling, floating then swimming and just used that one and it worked. Then I discovered all the other videos looking for other learning to swim videos. He seems to have one for each of the strokes and the front crawl one I watched so far was good. I am consider getting his package but there seems to be plenty of info in just the YouTube videos so I am going to just go off of the videos for now in the order of strokes mentioned on the website. Then he has other videos with kids swimming. I think those will be good to show my kids so they see actual kids who were not swimming swimming with his instruction. I am really excited to have found these and to have success when I tried lessons and other things that did not work.

Edited by MistyMountain
  • Like 1

I love finding a new thing I can learn online. Put me in the category of never thinking to look for that before.

Except -- I do have a faint memory of watching swimming videos -- probably after following a link on a baby swimming video.

Also - those selling content online often give away about 80% of their content for free and charge for the last 20% when many people can make use of the 80% and be fine.

• Like 1

Depending on the age of your kids, the videos at uswim.com are good, and have lesson plans to work through IIRC. Very incremental, and they work on teaching them good stroke technique.

I can't add a proper link from my phone, sorry.

Edited by horsellian