Menu

My life sounds made up

Scarlett

Last week we were told---

1.Both boys need their wisdom teeth out.

2.Dh has adjacent disc disease ( translation: the disc above his fusion has gone bad and he will need back surgery to fuse it as well)

3.Before the back surgery they want his knee replaced

4.I have A Fib and they schedule me to see a cardiologist

After knee sugary he has to wait 3 months before back surgery.

He is in constant pain and living on pain meds.

Oh and he has no job.

Yeah it was a memorable week.

((Hugs))

Do the boys need their wisdom teeth out NOW? My ds19 technically needs his out but we don't have the money right now and they are not bothering him so we will wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I didn't get mine out until I was 22yo and had no problems.  I'd say that problem could be put off for a while, unless there's some urgent medical reason to get them out.

• Like 3

Oh no! Are those related to his prior work injury? Did you settle the claim? :(

If the doctors think he will be out of work for 18 mos minimum for the injuries and rehabilitation, he could apply for SSDI.

:grouphug:

His first back fusion was in 2001 and it was from cumulative damage....he was given retraining and has gone 16 years so surgeon said that was really quite good.

The knee is from an accident in 09 on a dirt bike....

I don't think he will be out with the surgeries even 6 months...not enough to file for disability but enough to cause is great stress in paying the bills.

((Hugs))

Do the boys need their wisdom teeth out NOW? My ds19 technically needs his out but we don't have the money right now and they are not bothering him so we will wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had already decided to only do the oldest boy first and the younger one next year....but yeah, wisdom teeth can't be a priority right now. No real emergency on that.

• Like 2

We had already decided to only do the oldest boy first and the younger one next year....but yeah, wisdom teeth can't be a priority right now. No real emergency on that.

Yes, but I can understand why it feels like just one more thing hanging over your head. :grouphug:

• Like 4

Last week we were told---

1.Both boys need their wisdom teeth out.

2.Dh has adjacent disc disease ( translation: the disc above his fusion has gone bad and he will need back surgery to fuse it as well)

3.Before the back surgery they want his knee replaced

4.I have A Fib and they schedule me to see a cardiologist

After knee sugary he has to wait 3 months before back surgery.

He is in constant pain and living on pain meds.

Oh and he has no job.

Yeah it was a memorable week.

Ack, I'm sorry. I had AFib. Cardiac ablation knocked it out. I won't say it was pleasant, but in the great scheme of things, it was a pretty easy procedure. There are some dietary things you can do, too.
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry!!! What a nightmare!!

One bit of interesting and potentially good news . . . When my 2 older kids got their wisdom teeth out 20 months ago, I was pleasantly shocked and surprised that their HEALTH insurance covered most of the bills. The doctor was surprised, too. We were on an ACA health policy, and I'm guessing that something in the ACA rules about pediatric dentistry coverage and/or various medical coverage rules had triggered the policy to cover it. I think we might have kicked in a couple hundred bucks each, and/or their dental insurance (separate policy) might have kicked in a little, but most of the 1500 or so each was covered by their MEDICAL insurance. (Nothing strange or exceptional in their teeth. Both have had braces and just "needed" routine wisdom teeth extraction.) I am not sure, but I am suspicious that it covered them BECAUSE they were kids. One was 18, one was 16. I think the pediatric dental coverage stuff in the ACA goes through age 18. Anyway, that's something to consider. I have a mental note to make sure kid#3 gets hers done no later than 18, with the hope that hers will be covered, too (although with the changes in health coverage, that's not at all guaranteed, of course). 

Hang in there . . . be sure to apply for every sort of benefit/unemployment/subsidy/etc/etc that you are eligible for, as it sounds like you've got a few rough months ahead of you. 

• Like 2

My cousin had two ablations. The second one worked. I'm hoping mine is not that bad. What kind of dietary changes can help it?

No alcohol, limit sugar, add magnesium supplements, watch out for meds like allergy and sinus meds that can trigger the arrhythmia.

• Like 1