Menu

Is anyone watching Jeopardy right now?

ILiveInFlipFlops

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ff1ij

I taped December 6-7, so I have been sitting on this news for THREE MONTHS. I told my husband but no one else.

They mail out the check 90 days after the show airs, so I'll be waiting for a while. But we bought a hot tub anyway.

Thanks for linking that.  I was looking on youtube and couldn't find it there.

Those were some brutal categories today.  I think I only manged to answer 3 of the questions.  Great job for pulling off a win!

So were you allowed to tell friends right before the airing so they knew to watch or can you not say anything to anyone? Because that was a really long time to keep quiet.  Hope you are enjoying your hot tub.  I probably would have went out and splurged a little bit too.

• Like 3

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5ff1ij

I taped December 6-7, so I have been sitting on this news for THREE MONTHS. I told my husband but no one else.

They mail out the check 90 days after the show airs, so I'll be waiting for a while. But we bought a hot tub anyway.

Does that mean you taped at least those days or only those days... ;)

Was Alex nice/personable outside of the cameras rolling?

• Like 3

So were you allowed to tell friends right before the airing so they knew to watch or can you not say anything to anyone? 

You're allowed - and even encouraged - to tell everyone you know that you're going to be on the show. The Jeopardy people even sent me my publicity photo with Alex a few weeks in advance so I could post it on social media. You're allowed to talk about the audition, the tape day experience, etc.

You are NOT allowed to say anything about questions, categories, interview segments, or game outcomes.

• Like 7

When you go to film, do you get to tell people where and why you are going away?

Oh yeah. I crowdsourced my outfit options on Facebook. Once I got to the studio, though, they were very serious about making us turn our phones off. Not just silenced, off.

• Like 4

Does that mean you taped at least those days or only those days... ;)

Was Alex nice/personable outside of the cameras rolling?

Every moment of interaction I had with Alex was what you see on camera. Because he's the only person who has advance access to the questions, he doesn't even come within 10 feet of contestants when the cameras aren't rolling.

During the commercial breaks, he takes questions from the audience and banters with them. He seems really personable based on that.

• Like 7

When you did the online test, did you get the results back? 

Nope. You never know how you did on the online test or on the written test at the audition. Presumably they don't want to argue with people about their scores.

Do people ever get upset, cry, .... or do anything odd that has to be edited out.

You see, prior to watching you my only experience with jeopardy was the music video of, "I lost on jeopardy" by weird al.

:lol:  :lol:

I'm going to look up that song now. Hilarious! 

• Like 2

Way to go, Rivka!

Was there a real studio audience? How do they keep the audience from spilling the beans about questions and winners?

There is a studio audience. Both mornings that I taped, the audience was mostly middle school kids on a field trip. The afternoon taping had a bunch of older women on a bus tour. And contestants are allowed to bring family members and friends, so there's a section for them.

I assume the audience signs something, but I think mostly Jeopardy relies on them not caring that much.

• Like 3

That was enjoyable, Rivka.  You did so well.  

I loved the chatting part when you told Alex that you teach Middle School kids sex ed.  That was quite a long pause on his part.  You recovered it well.   :laugh:

So, the contestant coordinators help you generate a long list of things Alex can ask you about. Before your episode they work with you to pick three options and they write them on a card. They star the one you hope Alex will ask about, but he can ask about any of them. Which means that he CHOSE to ask me about teaching sex ed! It's not my fault!  :lol:

• Like 11

So, the contestant coordinators help you generate a long list of things Alex can ask you about. Before your episode they work with you to pick three options and they write them on a card. They star the one you hope Alex will ask about, but he can ask about any of them. Which means that he CHOSE to ask me about teaching sex ed! It's not my fault!  :lol:

Why didn't he have a witty comeback?  Alex, I'm disappointed in you.  :huh:

Those other two contestants were fierce.  

i spoke at a homeschooling conference this weekend and had a vendor table. THREE different people recognized me from Jeopardy, and one of them asked to have her picture taken with me! It was ridiculously fun.

• Like 31