Menu

Suzuki institute

I know I have seen that there are a number of parents with children taking music lessons with the Suzuki method. My kids are as well and I would love to hear about people's experiences with Suzuki Institutes if you have gone. What age were your kids and levels when you all went? And any thing else you could share. I would jut like some more people perspective on it. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we've been to a few. We went to the NESI in Maine a few years ago. It was an amazing and eye-opening experience. And I could not recommend it enough. However, we found it was not an easy place to be with a large family. You almost needed one adult per kid to get the most out of it. Our local teacher started an institute the next year, and we have attended the last few years. Our kids were all at the book 1-4 or more range when going. We have not taken our pretwinklers/twinklers, partly because of the money, and partly because I can't ever leave them, making it less useful for the others. However, if you have fewer kids or more adults, most parents I know found the pre twinkler institutes to be fun and worthwhile. Many bigger institutes go up to all the higher levels and have teen programs. But it depends on the institute where they stop. All institutes are not created equal, so it's really worth it to shop around. 

• Like 1

It is a challenge with a large family. My kids loved the experience! It was incredible but if your kids are younger, it makes for tiring days because it is mentally challenging to focus for so long. Let them take it easy the rest of the day. We participated in levels 1-3, all very worthwhile. Sadly, there are no guitar Suzuki teachers where we live now.