What's with the ads?

#1 Earthmerlin

Earthmerlin

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 08:23 PM

Hola. I'm looking for suggestions on novels in Spanish a 7 yr old (Spanish-speaking) adventure & animal lover would enjoy listening to read aloud by mom or dad.

#2 Earthmerlin

Earthmerlin

Hive Mind Level 6 Worker: Scout Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:48 PM

I'll answer my own post. I just checked out Stuart Little in Spanish. It was her 1st read aloud novel in English at 1.5 years old so it'll be interesting how she responds to it at 7 & in Spanish! I don't mind reading aloud translations but if you've any original Spanish-language novels that appeal to this age set, please do let me know. While living in Argentina, I came to love Mafalda & will pass that on to her but other quintessentially Hispanic titles, etc. are most welcome!

Edited by Earthmerlin, 18 March 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#3 Matryoshka

Matryoshka

Apprentice Bee Keeper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11134 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

There's a series of Spanish children's books that was made into a Spanish TV show.  I got both the DVDs and the books.

Célia books by Elena Fortún

I'm not sure where you could get the DVDs (I think I got them from Spain, and I had a region-free DVD player), but those TV shows were really well done.  My kids watched them many times.

Célia is a bit of a naughty girl who always means well - she gets into all kinds of crazy situations.  Kind of like a Spanish Pippi.

• SusanC and Earthmerlin like this

#4 Renai

Renai

Icon Queen and Head Ninja Elephant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11929 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:27 AM

See if any books by Alma Flor Ada will appeal to her.
  • Earthmerlin likes this