Menu

Ugh - Flu A - how long to recover?

footballmom

DS just tested positive for Flu A.  I'm shocked.  I really thought it was strep - his throat is sore and he has a temp just over 100.  Was not expecting flu!  If you've had diagnosed flu in your house this year, how long did it take to recover?  We are just getting over a stomach bug from last week that hit everyone in the house...except the one who just tested positive for flu!

Seconding elderberry extract...the syrup. The gummies have almost no active elderberry in them. It has been shown to work better than Tamiflu and cut symptoms and duration of illness in half. 

I wish I would have known that.  It would have saved me so much $$ a few years ago.

Does it work if you are throwing up?

Thanks for the replies so far.  Going to head out to get Elderberry in just a few minutes.  He also started Tamiflu tonight too.  He has a couple of things that are really important to him in the next week so praying he recovers quickly.  Though, I don't play around with flu and won't risk getting others sick so we will hibernate as long as we need to.

I had flu type A. I took tamiflu and was okay to return to work as a teacher after three days at home. The cough is still with me three weeks later, but that is typical for me once I have anything that involves coughing. I got sick mid-January last year and the cough didn't go away until spring break. Teaching just puts a lot of strain on my voice. I have to talk and project my voice for hours every day. Until I got a full week off from this, I couldn't recover completely.