Menu

Grammar games

emmaluv+2more

I am hoping to find some grammar board games for my kids and I to do together over the summer.  I don't know why, but they both struggle with grammar.  I thought games would be a fun way to reinforce these skills throughout summer (we have a weekly family game night).  However, there are a ton out there and I really want to choose a couple of great ones (not enough cash flow for any duds).  Any advice or suggestions?  

ETA: 3rd & 6th graders

Edited by emmaluv+2more

I am hoping to find some grammar board games for my kids and I to do together over the summer.  I don't know why, but they both struggle with grammar.  I thought games would be a fun way to reinforce these skills throughout summer (we have a weekly family game night).  However, there are a ton out there and I really want to choose a couple of great ones (not enough cash flow for any duds).  Any advice or suggestions?  

ETA: 3rd & 6th graders

Seconding this, but for 2nd & 5th graders (meaning, currently 1st and 4th, added a year because OP talked about summer break etc).

ETA: Maybe your kids might like Mad Libs? My oldest at least doesn't like Mad Libs, and I don't think I've really tried yet with my youngest, but it's grammar-related (parts of speech).

Edited by luuknam

Seconding this, but for 2nd & 5th graders (meaning, currently 1st and 4th, added a year because OP talked about summer break etc).

ETA: Maybe your kids might like Mad Libs? My oldest at least doesn't like Mad Libs, and I don't think I've really tried yet with my youngest, but it's grammar-related (parts of speech).

I was going to suggest Mad Libs too.

Yes, we have paper Mad Libs.  They like them okay, but only in small spurts and they don't seem to help a ton.

I did, however, find an actual Mad Libs game at Rainbow Resources.  It's currently in my cart, but I was hoping for more ideas (I'm not finding anything else onRR).  I'll have to check out Lakeshore (forgot about them) and I also discovered SimplyFun Games.  They seem to have quite a few options.