Menu

How to I talk to a live person at Verizon?

LuvToRead

I added money to my daughter's Verizon phone today and something went wrong.  Normally, I just add $15 worth of talk and text.  This time, I added $30 and all of a sudden I have an unlimited plan with data which I don't want.  I cannot find a way to actually talk to someone at Verizon.  Any help would be appreciated!

• Like 1

Every time I hit 0, it says "sorry you are having trouble" and hangs up on me.  The message online in the live chat area says they will be with my shortly.  I can't even get a live chat box to come up.  I just don't understand how all of a sudden the plan changed without anyone changing it.

• Like 1

I always just go to the one Verizon store in town that is actually owned by the company.  They can cut through BS like the franchises cannot, and there is always someone there to talk to.  It's a pain; it's 35 minutes across town; but it's totally worth it.  I save up all my Verizon questions for that visit, and they are great.  I end up going about every 18 months, usually due to some triggering event like yours, but I always have other stuff to discuss that I have been saving up.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 1

I always just go to the one Verizon store in town that is actually owned by the company.  They can cut through BS like the franchises cannot, and there is always someone there to talk to.  It's a pain; it's 35 minutes across town; but it's totally worth it.  I save up all my Verizon questions for that visit, and they are great.  I end up going about every 18 months, usually due to some triggering event like yours, but I always have other stuff to discuss that I have been saving up.

My local Verizon store in less than helpful.  There is only 1 person at a time working, and so you will wait forever and I just don't have time, plus they close at 5.  They honestly can't answer any questions.  My problem wasn't with our main phones, but a 3rd pay as you go phone.  I live in a rural part of the country and have no idea where the nearest company owned store even is.  It could be 2 hours away.

Edited by LuvToRead
  • Like 1