Menu

WTM New Grammar Program coming out soon...

michaeljenn

Anyone know anything about this grammar program?  I found out about it from The Well Trained Mind Academy. They will be using it for their grammar programs.  I am considering signing my daughter up for the class, but would love to hear more about the program.   Thought maybe I missed a post or something...  The exact name of the book is: Grammar for the Well-Trained Mind: A Complete Course for Young Writers, Aspiring Rhetoricians, and Anyone Else Who Needs to Understand How English Works

• Like 2

In a previous post a week or so ago, someone asked about the same thing. SWB replied and confirmed that Advanced Language Lessons (all four years) is complete, in production, and will be available for the coming school year. It consists of a single comprehensive teacher manual and seperate workbooks and answer keys for each respective level. Yay!

Edited by JNDodge
  • Like 9

:iagree: with JNDodge.

It sounds like it is going to the typesetter, so it is early to make an announcement on here. (It isn't listed on Amazon yet.) But, they are doing the WTMA courses with the books, so that's why we're seeing/hearing about it now.

I'm hoping it will be more student-directed (whereas FLL is definitely teacher-directed).

The sample of ALL was written to the student. I think the biggest difference will be that there will be a 'master' book for four years with workbooks for each level. Perhaps the teaching will be in the master book & the exercises will be in each workbook.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the teacher manual will be like the WWE teacher manual? I really like the WWE TM alone without the workbooks. I have both a hard copy and a Kindle version, I like it that much. I'm really hoping for something similar for the next grades.

I'm copying my post from a thread on the logic board, in hopes that someone might know or share more:

Is there any more information available about how this series works?

Three of the WTM academy classes say they use book 1 of this series, the basic, Intermediate, and advanced.

How many books are there in the series?

How many of them are coming out in the fall?

Can a seventh or eighth grader use the books that will be available in the fall and cover everything that Rod and Staff level 7 or 8 covers?