Menu

What is everyone watching on netflix or prime?

Ann.without.an.e

I'm not currently watching anything on Netflix. I really loved The Crown, but we finished it several weeks ago. 

I liked, but didn't love, The OA.

We also enjoyed a documentary series called Empire of the Tsars. (PBS ran a three-part series called Secrets of the Six Wives, featuring the same host/historian, which we really liked, too.)

We tried Man in the High Castle, but neither my husband nor I got hooked. Ditto with Stranger Things.

We watched the first season of The Magicians (now available on Netflix) on broadcast last year and liked it, but the new episodes are piling up on the DVR because never seem to be into the idea of actually watching them. 

On Amazon, we've started Z: The Beginning of Everything, which, again, I like but don't love. I'm actually disappointed, because I really enjoyed the book on which it's based. But, eh.

I see someone else mentioned Victoria on Masterpiece, and I do look forward to every Sunday when there's a new episode. 

Currently rewatching Friday Night Lights which is my all time favorite ever, and I don't even like football :D I'm partway through the Crown but having a hard time getting around to finishing it. Usually I love period dramas but I haven't been in the mood lately.

DH and I need a new series. We tried both Homeland and the Americans recently and both got too R-rated for our tastes.

Dh and I are doing The People vs. OJ Simpson. I thought it sounded so dumb... but I was sucked in fast. It's really good. It deserved all the awards it won, especially for the acting.

We just finished that. It was really good and started some interesting discussions with DH.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Loved many of these, so I'm not going to repeat - but lots of us have similar taste.   :)

A few I'm not sure I've seen listed here:

Has anyone mentioned Marco Polo on Netflix?  I liked that, plus the spin off.  

We are currently watching Humans on Amazon - not completely hooked yet, but giving it a few episodes.  

I like shoot 'em up aliens and dystopian stuff, too, so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Falling Skies or Revolution?  Also, The 100.  

I'm watching Defiance while I treadmill these days, and kind of giggling at it as I go - it's not great film work, but it's entertaining, and fills my sci fi need.  My treadmill choices are limited because if it's a really great show, I'll want to watch it with DH.  :)

Loved many of these, so I'm not going to repeat - but lots of us have similar taste.   :)

A few I'm not sure I've seen listed here:

Has anyone mentioned Marco Polo on Netflix?  I liked that, plus the spin off.  

We are currently watching Humans on Amazon - not completely hooked yet, but giving it a few episodes.  

I like shoot 'em up aliens and dystopian stuff, too, so I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned Falling Skies or Revolution?  Also, The 100.  

I'm watching Defiance while I treadmill these days, and kind of giggling at it as I go - it's not great film work, but it's entertaining, and fills my sci fi need.  My treadmill choices are limited because if it's a really great show, I'll want to watch it with DH.   :)

We tried watching Marco Polo, but a few scenes had me wondering if it was going to turn into a soft core fest like some of the old Starz "historical" shows, so we stopped watching it. Does the sex stuff tone down after the first couple of episodes, or is it present throughout? 

Nobody's mentioned Inspector Lewis -- love that show, waiting for the latest season to be on Prime or Netflix. Wish there were more.

Longmire -- worth the wait. Nailbiters @ the end of the season, let me tell you!

Suits - Enjoyed what was available on Prime. Not willing to pay for more.

Blacklist got too dark and creepy-lying-gory for me. Had to give it up.

Lie to Me and Leverage were both enjoyable.

My girls are on their 2nd time through Dance Academy....this time it's complete with critiques of the acting, the dances, the plots.....can get a bit tiring if you know what I mean.

We tried watching Marco Polo, but a few scenes had me wondering if it was going to turn into a soft core fest like some of the old Starz "historical" shows, so we stopped watching it. Does the sex stuff tone down after the first couple of episodes, or is it present throughout? 

It's been a while since I watched it, but too much of that would make DH and me turn it off, so it must have toned down.  What I remember more is gore.  More gore than I often like.  (I don't do zombie shows for gore reasons, I've tried - but for this show, and some others, I'll tough it out.)  We found it after the first season of Vikings, I think, when we were waiting for more. :)

Definitely not a kids' show, though.  

Edited by Spryte

Great suggestions - updating my list

Ps. If anyone could please like this so I can find it again, I thank you.

Off topic:  Is that what makes it easier to find threads again?  I also 5 starred the thread, will that make it easier?  I lose threads all the time.  Any tips are exciting!    :thumbup: