Menu

Naming Courses in Homeschool Tracker Online

Hi!

So I think I have a handle on Homeschool Tracker, BUT, having said that, I am wondering if there is a better way to name the courses. 

The lesson plans, I have them names after the resource I have planned, most of the time, but in the case of our sonlight packages, etc, I do not. 

The subjects are easy.

The courses... I started out naming them things like "Grammar 2" (for a 2nd grade year, etc), but i can also see how every year you only have 1 grammar course, called "Grammar" and how each student uses it from year to year may be different, does that work?

OR I can name courses with the resource title, such as "First Language Lessons 2"

How do you do it? How flexible are the ways I am mentioning, I'm just new enough to have not fully thought this through from year to year, and how it works with reports, etc.

TIA!!

It depends on what I am entering in....examples

Subject: Foreign Language/French  Course:Getting Started with French  Lesson Plan: Getting Started with French

or

Subject: Math  Course: Singapore Primary Math  Lesson Plan: Singapore 1a&b

or

Subject: History  Course: Ancient History  Lesson Plan: TOG Year 1 History LG (lower Grammar) 

Hope that helps!

• Like 1