Menu

Barton Tile App

frogger

I'm not sure if it is because of buggy software or something is wrong with my touch screen but the tiles jump across the screen. My son will try to add a letter to the end of the word and it will jump clear across the screen beyond the front of the word. I've restarted my tablet and I've cleaned the screen but sometimes it just doesn't help and it adds frustration to an already difficult subject.

Does anyone else have this problem? If you do what do you run the app on, android or apple? I will probably still do lessons on the app but I need to magnetize all my old wood tiles so we can keep them on a magnetic whiteboard instead for when my child needs to practice spelling. :/

Edited by frogger

Honestly, it is the first tablet we have had and we don't use it for much except Barton so maybe I just haven't noticed an issue with the touchscreen otherwise. We quickly learned to have one finger on the screen at a time and it's funny because sometimes it works perfectly and other times it seems to be going nuts.

I will check for updates just in case though.

I do know that with DS he would sometimes inadvertently touch the screen with a knuckle or palm or something while he was trying to move his finger.  He has dysgraphia and developmental vision issues so being able to touch the screen with JUST the tip of one finger was a bit challenging at times.  It would cause letters not to move where he wanted them to or for letters to leap a bit across the screen.  He wouldn't even be aware that he was touching the screen with some other part of his hand.  It took a bit for me to figure it out.