Menu

MuTu

rainbowmama

Anyone do MuTu postpartum? Was it worth the cost? I have had diastasis recti since my second kid, and now I'm pregnant with my fifth. I'm also a runner (when less pregnant), which hasn't helped. I generally jump into a running program right after I have my baby, but this time I want to work on healing my core beforehand. My insurance considers diastasis recti "natural" and does not cover therapy for it. I am also open to other programs that you've found healing other than Tupler. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes,  I did it and found it worth it, although I waited until her annual b-day sale in July. I had done Tupler before and found it not worth the effort and I think now if anything the exercises and splints make things worse. if I was brave enough I would do before/after pictures but it was a definite visible difference, and the measurements backed up what I saw. Oh, and when I started when you went to touch my belly standing up it was like jello, even trying to flex it, now it is firm to the touch even without flexing (I was not overweight then either, just had virtually no muscle tone in my abdomen)

It was hard to put aside the more traditional ab exercises but in the end, I ended up stronger than before. Once I finished it I gradually increased intensity and do normal exercises now, although I am still watchful of how it feels and if I can keep proper form. I can do all sorts of variations of plank(I skipped them for nearly a year) without issue, in Aerial we do this exercise where we hang upside down and roll up and touch our toes and I can do that but I still do not do a full hollow body hold or full ROM legs extended leg lifts keeping fully engaged without some pooching. You have to put your ego to the side, especially if you do exercise classes a good number of people cheat these exercises but it doesn't get you anywhere in the long run.

I have Katy Bowman's book on Diastasis on order but haven't read it, however MUTU is strongly influenced by Bowman and a nice structured program. I ordered the Bowman book more for education on teaching an continuing to focus on increasing my functional strenght.

Edited by soror
  • Like 1

I have healed my diastasis recti with The Tummy team. They have programs online at thetummyteam.com. If you have a flexible spending account or health savings account, I think you should be able to use that. Also, I found everyone in the office to be really helpful and kind. They have many clients that have had 4, 5, 6 plus pregnancies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ealp2009
  • Like 1