Menu

Greetings to all,

I had been reading many postings on the Well Train Mind for a few years now, they has been a 'well' of valuable information of significance.  I had gleaned many  ideas and resources  from this site, it helped me tremendously.   Finally I took the "leap of faith" and joined the Well Train Mind".  I am a homeschooling parent of 4 children,  three of them are  attending colleges and the youngest is a 10 year old girl that I am currently homeschooling.  I have been homeschooling for more than 11 years.

• Like 1

Greetings to all,

I had been reading many postings on the Well Train Mind for a few years now, they has been a 'well' of valuable information of significance.  I had gleaned many  ideas and resources  from this site, it helped me tremendously.   Finally I took the "leap of faith" and joined the Well Train Mind".  I am a homeschooling parent of 4 children,  three of them are  attending colleges and the youngest is a 10 year old girl that I am currently homeschooling.  I have been homeschooling for more than 11 years.

Welcome here!  Make sure you share your experiences on the High School and College Boards where there tend to be tons of anxious parents Guidance Counselors looking for BTDT thoughts, both pro and con...

There are tons of paths to be considered - any of them "right" for the right student.

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome Creekland!

I enjoyed reading your quotes, the last one is the one I like the most :hurray:.

My first child (girl/Junior) is majoring in Law and Technology with a minor in Science of some sort.

My second child (girl/Junior) is majoring in Applied Mathematics.

My third child (boy/Sophomore) is majoring in Civil Engineering.

My fourth child (girl, age10 .) has a mathematical mind, but at the moment, her favorite subject is Creative Writing and

Science.

My Husband and I did some mistakes in preparing our oldest children for college, we got better at it through trail and error as each child came along.  In the past I would refer parents I befriended  to helpful resources, but only one  or two would show genuine interest.  I find some of the homeschooling parents I encountered care only in homeschooling their children in the name of safety not so much academics, at least in my "neck of the woods"  I had a friend who was new to homeschooling, who told me I was over the top in preparing my children for college, in others words I was working too hard unnecessarily.  Needless to say, I very annoyed when she called me for advice two years later, too late.

Compare to some of the parents on this forum, my efforts would probably seem as mediocre with a dose of drama, but I would certainly give it a whirl.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome Creekland!

I enjoyed reading your quotes, the last one is the one I like the most :hurray:.

My first child (girl/Junior) is majoring in Law and Technology with a minor in Science of some sort.

My second child (girl/Junior) is majoring in Applied Mathematics.

My third child (boy/Sophomore) is majoring in Civil Engineering.

My fourth child (girl, age10 .) has a mathematical mind, but at the moment, her favorite subject is Creative Writing and

Science.

My Husband and I did some mistakes in preparing our oldest children for college, we got better at it through trail and error as each child came along.  In the past I would refer parents I befriended  to helpful resources, but only one  or two would show genuine interest.  I find some of the homeschooling parents I encountered care only in homeschooling their children in the name of safety not so much academics, at least in my "neck of the woods"  I had a friend who was new to homeschooling, who told me I was over the top in preparing my children for college, in others words I was working too hard unnecessarily.  Needless to say, I very annoyed when she called me for advice two years later, too late.

Compare to some of the parents on this forum, my efforts would probably seem as mediocre with a dose of drama, but I would certainly give it a whirl.  

I too found this forum due to wanting to homeschool for academic reasons.  It was incredibly helpful.  I stick around due to enjoying internet friends (some I've even met IRL) and wanting to continue to see how fellow Hive kids do in their various niches.  Every now and then I can also add advice.  Mostly what I add now are thoughts here and there on the chat board though.  I'm not on Facebook, so I guess this is my internet social group.

I still suggest you introduce yourself on the High School board (in addition to what you've written here).  Not everyone comes to this sub-forum.  Far more hang out there.

• Like 1