Menu

Where did that darned vent thread go?

theelfqueen

Here's another one. I'm getting increasingly annoyed at what I call "retroactive dibs." Whenever someone posts something . . . anything . . . someone else will ALWAYS come along and work into the conversation something like "Oh, I saw that when it first came out two years ago." It's like a compulsion to declare "I saw it first!" whenever someone introduces a topic for discussion. Occasionally it's relevant to their follow-up point, but 90% of the time it just seems like a criticism that the OP took sooooo long to stumble upon the information.

• Like 7

I don't even know how to say it without being too detailed about things I don't want to post too much about.

One of my kids has an issue. His issue annoys me because I think he could handle it better... he knows that too but can't do it, yet. And it's creating a variety of issues. DH is sure it's all a matter of simple self control and is frustrated by it. And everyone is just kind of on edge (and it's not a super serious thing or anything ... don't over think lol) and it's just really pissing me off today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm pregnant so I get easily annoyed at little things that I would normally just let go.  lol That in itself is a vent.

We are expecting #6.  After announcing the name of our #2, before she was born, and the flack we got for her name we've decided to not share any potential names until after the baby is born.  Everyone that knows us knows this.  But, there's this one lady at church that just won't stop trying to guess and asking for clues!  She's getting on my last nerve!

Sunday school take home crafts and papers!  Am I the only one in this world that doesn't keep them?  I let my children keep them for a few days, even up to several months.  They go in the trash when I get tired of seeing them laying around.  Sunday we got to church and there were a few things on the pew that we sit in.  We go to a very small church so, yes, everyone has their seats that they normally sit in.  One of the things put in our seat were the SS papers from the previous week.  I handed them to my daughter and told her to put them in the trash.  Later that evening my daughter told me her SS teacher was upset that she found them in the trash.  They didn't do any crafts that day.  My daughter said she told her that it was her paper and that her mother told her to put them in the trash.  The SS teacher told her to not put them in the trash and that she would have a talk with the pastor.  This whole thing is silly, but what gets me is that my husband is now upset with me for offending someone at church.  

I'm ready to crawl into a hole until this baby is born!

• Like 1

I'm pregnant so I get easily annoyed at little things that I would normally just let go.  lol That in itself is a vent.

We are expecting #6.  After announcing the name of our #2, before she was born, and the flack we got for her name we've decided to not share any potential names until after the baby is born.  Everyone that knows us knows this.  But, there's this one lady at church that just won't stop trying to guess and asking for clues!  She's getting on my last nerve!

Sunday school take home crafts and papers!  Am I the only one in this world that doesn't keep them?  I let my children keep them for a few days, even up to several months.  They go in the trash when I get tired of seeing them laying around.  Sunday we got to church and there were a few things on the pew that we sit in.  We go to a very small church so, yes, everyone has their seats that they normally sit in.  One of the things put in our seat were the SS papers from the previous week.  I handed them to my daughter and told her to put them in the trash.  Later that evening my daughter told me her SS teacher was upset that she found them in the trash.  They didn't do any crafts that day.  My daughter said she told her that it was her paper and that her mother told her to put them in the trash.  The SS teacher told her to not put them in the trash and that she would have a talk with the pastor.  This whole thing is silly, but what gets me is that my husband is now upset with me for offending someone at church.  

"Yes, DH/SS teacher/pastor, you're absolutely right. The recycling bin would have been much more appropriate." Sheesh. It's paper, for pity's sake. We cannot keep every scrap that comes our way.

I'm pregnant so I get easily annoyed at little things that I would normally just let go. lol That in itself is a vent.

We are expecting #6. After announcing the name of our #2, before she was born, and the flack we got for her name we've decided to not share any potential names until after the baby is born. Everyone that knows us knows this. But, there's this one lady at church that just won't stop trying to guess and asking for clues! She's getting on my last nerve!

Sunday school take home crafts and papers! Am I the only one in this world that doesn't keep them? I let my children keep them for a few days, even up to several months. They go in the trash when I get tired of seeing them laying around. Sunday we got to church and there were a few things on the pew that we sit in. We go to a very small church so, yes, everyone has their seats that they normally sit in. One of the things put in our seat were the SS papers from the previous week. I handed them to my daughter and told her to put them in the trash. Later that evening my daughter told me her SS teacher was upset that she found them in the trash. They didn't do any crafts that day. My daughter said she told her that it was her paper and that her mother told her to put them in the trash. The SS teacher told her to not put them in the trash and that she would have a talk with the pastor. This whole thing is silly, but what gets me is that my husband is now upset with me for offending someone at church.

1) Husband can get over himself. Other people's (re)actions are not your problem.

2) The NERVE of SS teacher! I'd tell her she is welcome to keep any and all papers she likes, but she doesn't get to decide what YOU keep or bring in to your home.

3) Crawl in your hole. Stay home and avoid annoying people. Growing a human is hard work - stay home & rest.

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 1

I'm sitting at OT waiting for DS. Typically this time of morning the waiting room is quiet, even my girls typically find books to sit and read. Today one of the dads is making phone calls and opening his mail. He is not being quiet anout it at all! His wige is here as well. He could easily step outside or go to the car (parking lot is just outside the door) but instead everyone in the waiting room gets to hear his conversation.

• Like 1

One of our ewes gave birth yesterday and had to be out down from a dreadful complication. So now I have bottle lambs. It's fun and sweet the first day but I'm old and getting up at night to feed them is killer. My house is filthy because I was sheeping and vetting yesterday on what was supposed to be my cleaning day. So now I get to squeeze cleaning in between fixing bottles and changing lamb diapers. And yes the kids help but they can't do things like taxes and driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our ewes gave birth yesterday and had to be out down from a dreadful complication. So now I have bottle lambs. It's fun and sweet the first day but I'm old and getting up at night to feed them is killer. My house is filthy because I was sheeping and vetting yesterday on what was supposed to be my cleaning day. So now I get to squeeze cleaning in between fixing bottles and changing lamb diapers. And yes the kids help but they can't do things like taxes and driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I could help, I would live with your lambs to bottle feed them so you can get some rest!

Or drive, I would drive.

I'm sorry about your ewe and hope the lamb pulls through well.