Menu

Right Start G - Help with lesson 69?

mskelly

I will try to simplify it but I am not sure if I can help...

To round a corner... it will give a radius. Say, 1 cm. So you take your corner, and draw a line parallel to one side of the shape, 1 cm inside from the side. And then you take the other side of the shape, and draw a line 1 cm inside, parallel to that side. The place where they cross each other is the middle point for making the arc. You put the middle of the arc compass there and draw a circle in the 10 mm hole (1cm). It will round the corner.

The part that was sort of confusing for us was that they tried to show exactly where the original side stopped and new rounded edge began. If you draw a line at a right angle from the guide lines you first drew, each starting at the place where they crossed each other, you will hit the point on the original sides where they start the arc.

That sounds helpful. We will try tomorrow.  The lesson was just not making sense to me today. Some days I wish we had teaching textbooks or some type of video to watch. I really believe in this program and we've done every level since A so we will finish this book even if I have to stay up late the night before to figure out the lessons for myself! lol 

That sounds helpful. We will try tomorrow. The lesson was just not making sense to me today. Some days I wish we had teaching textbooks or some type of video to watch. I really believe in this program and we've done every level since A so we will finish this book even if I have to stay up late the night before to figure out the lessons for myself! lol

We've been stuck a few times in RS G. My daughter called them and they put someone on the phone to walk my daughter through the lesson. It was hugely helpful. There have been a couple of lessons that just did not make sense to me that day and I didn't want to spend an hour struggling with it - my mommy brain is too tired! So I just call them. They have been awesome!