Menu

Guerber History (by Miller)... maps? extra reading list?

wehave8

Ambleside Online schedules Story of the Greeks and Story of the Romans in Year 6.  You might find some resources on their website or by looking on their forums.

When my oldest did AO year 6 he read:

• Archimedes and the Door to Science (scheduled in Yr 6)
  • Augustus Caesar's World (scheduled in Yr 6)
  • Our Young Folks' Josephus
  • The Bronze Bow (listed in Yr 6)
  • The Robe, by Lloyd Douglas instead of Ben Hur (listed in Yr 6)
  • Black Ships Before Troy and The Wanderings of Odysseus (options listed in Yr 6)
  • The Aeneid, retelling by Alfred Church

His other reading for that year was not tied to his history; he needed the break.  Tom Sawyer was greatly enjoyed. :)

Edited by Zoo Keeper
  • Like 1

Memorial Press has student workbooks to go along with the U.S. History one.

This just might be what I'm looking for.  I wish they had these for all the books.

I'll call them tomorrow, but do you know if they have maps and timelines to go with the assignments they give for them?

They don't show a lot in the samples.

And I have ordered the Thirteen Colonies.  Can I use it and purchase the other one instead of the MP version?

Pam

Memoria Press has their own revised edition of Guerber's Thirteen Colonies; it is not Christine Miller's version, so their guide isn't going to match up perfectly, I am afraid.

Simply Charlotte Mason and Homeschool Torah both schedule Miller's versions, at least in part.  I emailed the contact info at Nothing New Press within the last month asking for full curricula that scheduled her works and received a prompt reply.  They might have some suggestions at the source!  

I learned so much from her revision of The Story of the Ancient World, and we are now reading The Story of the Greeks.  

Cheers,

Edited by Whippoorwill