Menu

Creating my own report card - need suggestions

I don't have to turn this in to anyone, but it will be helpful for making up a transcript for the dc someday. Also, my 6th grader will be motivated by having a formal grade report.

It's been about 10 years since I taught in a school, and my brain has failed me. I can't remember if grades are usually put on by percentage or by letter (with the scale on the side either way). Anyone?

Also, if you made your own report card, what did you put at the top? We don't have a name for our homeschool.

One more thing - do you put grammar, spelling, etc. separately or do you combine them for a total language arts grade?

Last, would you put a summary of extracurricular activities at the bottom? Technically, they aren't school because I'm not teaching them myself, but I do require my dc to participate in them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Edited by klmama
forgot my language arts question

It's been about 10 years since I taught in a school, and my brain has failed me. I can't remember if grades are usually put on by percentage or by letter (with the scale on the side either way).

I make report cards, starting in first grade. I do grades by percent.

Also, if you made your own report card, what did you put at the top? We don't have a name for our homeschool.

I put the child's name, school year (ex. Sept. 4, 2008-June 15, 2009), and grade the child is in that year.

One more thing - do you put grammar, spelling, etc. separately or do you combine them for a total language arts grade?

This year, I have one subject as 'Language Arts', one as 'Spelling', becuase that is the way the curriculum I am using is set up.

Last, would you put a summary of extracurricular activities at the bottom? Technically, they aren't school because I'm not teaching them myself, but I do require my dc to participate in them.

At the bottom of the report card, I have notes that include subjects that we studied that I did not grade, as well as field trips we take.

I LOVE being organized. Plus, I figure it's a good reminder for me of what all we did that year, as well as a keepsake of sorts for the child.