Menu

Algebra -- What is an interactive student edition

We're doing an online Algebra course, but it's a LOT of screen time.  I'm planning to either rent or buy the print textbook which is aligned with the course.  This is through HMH.

But when I look it up on Amazon -- they also offer an "interactive student edition."  Can anyone explain what that is?

I am LOST in the sea of HMH algebra textbooks on Amazon.  LOL.

There are QR codes in the book which you can scan with a QR reader app on a tablet or smartphone and it brings the person to a webpage. HMH books have different editions for different states.

"The write-in student edition contains rigorous problem sets, as well as real-world problem solving and performance tasks. Digital learning aids are refernced and linked using QR codes." http://www.hmhco.com/shop/k12/HMH-Algebra-1/9780544400528

Texas edition link http://www.hmhco.com/shop/k12/HMH-Algebra-1/9780544365216

ETA:

I have played with QR codes in textbooks while at used bookstores. Entertaining but distracting if I am using the book because I would want to scan out of curiosity.

Edited by Arcadia

DD has a college bio book that is an interactive edition, and yes, it's QR codes that link to extra content, question sets, and so on. I like it better than the online access codes, since it's not one time use.

She has a math class starting next week where the only text is a one year website/e-text code. I really don't like that, if for no other reason than that it's impossible to pre-read the book and determine, before the class starts, if it really is a good fit.