Menu

Super simple, repetitive videos like Muzzy?

madteaparty

Try Whistlefritz. It's a series of DVDs (& some music CDs) that teach basics through immersion. My daughter used to love it!

https://www.amazon.com/FRENCH-KIDS-Dedans-Dehors-Inside/dp/B00FORS7YK/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1484261054&sr=8-15&keywords=whistlefritz

I ordered this one. Stuff like Calliu has way too many words for her...

I ordered this one. Stuff like Calliu has way too many words for her...

Good to hear & I don't think you'll be disappointed. Little Pim is along the same lines--both with DVDs & CDs. Perhaps you can add it into your rotation.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Pim-Home-French-Kids/dp/B00CPG16KU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484304106&sr=8-2&keywords=Little+pim

Edited by Earthmerlin
  • Like 1

Good to hear & I don't think you'll be disappointed. Little Pim is along the same lines--both with DVDs & CDs. Perhaps you can add it into your rotation.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Pim-Home-French-Kids/dp/B00CPG16KU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1484304106&sr=8-2&keywords=Little+pim

We tried little Pim and she found it boring. So fickle :)

We love Peppa Cochon! Also TroTro has very few words and makes for easy immersion. Mimi la Souris, Petit Ours Brun. The Movie Ponyo has pretty clear dialogue too.

Oh I miss those days. We had a Muzzy run in our house about 3-4 years ago. Now that my big kids want to watch fighting action stuff, so do the little kids. They still sing the Emmenez-le chant though as part of their games.

• Like 2

We love Peppa Cochon! Also TroTro has very few words and makes for easy immersion. Mimi la Souris, Petit Ours Brun. The Movie Ponyo has pretty clear dialogue too.

Oh I miss those days. We had a Muzzy run in our house about 3-4 years ago. Now that my big kids want to watch fighting action stuff, so do the little kids. They still sing the Emmenez-le chant though as part of their games.

Thanks, Peppa Pig is exactly right in terms of amount of words and we were watching it all in German (I can't decide between the two ;)) but now she has discovered Peppa is actually in English. Maybe I can do a 2:1 bribe ;) don't let your kids find out :)
  • Like 1

Thanks, Peppa Pig is exactly right in terms of amount of words and we were watching it all in German (I can't decide between the two ;)) but now she has discovered Peppa is actually in English. Maybe I can do a 2:1 bribe ;) don't let your kids find out :)

We have a strict rule in our house. No TV on a school day.. unless it is in French!  My kids always think they are getting away with something when they watch their favorite shows in French (which is pretty much 5 days a week because I am not really a no screens person).  There is rarely any TV time on the weekends since we are always busy.  But with all these boys, pretty much every show is fighting or super heros. Lots of Ninjago, Avatar (the cartoon, not the movie) and Netflix's show Troll Hunters.  Only the 2 year old will watch Peppa or Bali with me :(