Menu

Every year, without fail...

AnnE-girl

The first part of Up, when Ellie dies. I just bawl every time without fail. And then again at the end when Carl goes to the medal ceremony for Russell in place of his dad. So many tears.

I can't think of the exact movies right now, but I know there are at least 2 if not 3 movies that when I watch them, I cry, because I think to myself, "Here I go AGAIN!"

Oh, I remembered one: Titanic. I've seen it a number of times and I sob at the very, very end when dead Rose goes to Titanic Heaven and Jack is standing on the stairs and takes her hand. I just sob. Every time.

Wish I could think of the others...

The first part of Up, when Ellie dies. I just bawl every time without fail. And then again at the end when Carl goes to the medal ceremony for Russell in place of his dad. So many tears.

And the middle when they are looking through the scrapbook. Oh my word. So many tears.

Pixar loves to make adults cry. It's their THING.

• Like 3

The song O Holy Night. I actually think it gets me more each year. I can't even sing along or the kids thing I'm having a breakdown.

Edited by texasmom33

Anyone else a movie crier?

Lilo and Stitch. When Stitch sits down in the forest, alone, with the picture book - omg, I just bawl. He's just a baby, and his entire society was willing to throw him away!

There is one sequel, Stitch Has A Glitch. Stitch almost can't be saved. And then he is. I cry EVERY time. It's dumb. It's a cartoon. I cry anyway.

Just because something is animated doesn't mean it's not worthy of your emotions.

Mine is when they find out they can't have children. The scene progress from the seeing cloud shapes to the nursery decorating to the doctor's office only takes seconds but I tear up a bit every time.

• Like 2

Everything. I cry at all of them, no matter how many times I've seen them. I cry at the end of Cars when Lightning McQueen gives up his chance to win in order to do the right thing. I cry at ROTK when the newly crowned Aragorn sees Arwen and realizes that he's getting everything he ever wanted. (Shoot, it's making me tear up now.). I sobbed like a baby when we saw The Green Mile in the theater because I'd read the book and knew what was coming.

Half the time, I can't read picture books to the kids without getting teary. And right now, when we're reading all these sentimental, poignant Christmas books? Forget it. I'm toast.

• Like 1

Christmas picture books are the worst. Have you read Room for a Little One? It's so sweet, and my kids don't understand why I always get choked up. I can't sing O, Holy Night without crying either. The three years that I had new babies at Christmas time were even worse.

• Like 1

Mine is when they find out they can't have children. The scene progress from the seeing cloud shapes to the nursery decorating to the doctor's office only takes seconds but I tear up a bit every time.

Same here. Reminds me of my miscarriages. I don't bawl but my eyes get more than a little wet.

• Like 1

The first time I saw Armageddon, of all things, I sobbed like I was dying. Like, random people in the theater asked me if I was okay.I was still crying in the car on the way home. A year later, I watched it on DVD and figured I wouldn't cry, since I'd seen it before. Nope. Instead, since I knew what was going to happen, i cried the WHOLE MOVIE. I mean, I just sob every darned time. (but love it...I'm such a daddy's girl, lol.)

I cry in Call the Midwife a lot. 

I cry at Publix commercials. 

I cry during songs a LOT. Generally, I'm driving my car, sobbing hysterically, listening to music. This time of year the song Christmas Carol gets to me, as does O Holy Night. And a bunch of others, mostly country songs. 

• Like 1

I cry every year at the end of Polar Express when he talks about how none of his friends or his sister can hear the bell anymore, but it still rings for him and all that truly believe.  I feel stupid every time, but it reminds me how quickly my children have grown up.  At least they will still watch the movie with me.  

I also cried recently reading Charlotte's Web to my youngest.  I knew what was going to happen, but that just made it worse.

• Like 1

Anne of Green Gables, when Matthew dies

Edward Scissorhands, when grandma Kim says she still dances in the snow

A Charlie Brown Christmas, when Charlie Brown thinks he killed the little tree and his friends fix it

The Elephant Man, when he is chased by the crowd and he cries out that he is not an animal, he is a human being

Glory, on the beach before the final battle

Braveheart, "Freedom"

Dances with Wolves, the wolf dies

Mary Poppins, when Mr. Banks redeems himself

The end of Toy Story 3

Hachi, after the owner dies

Black Beauty, most of it

Schindler's List (who wouldn't cry?)

A.I. and Requiem for a Dream, I hate them, utterly devastating

The Passion of the Christ, I will cry through pretty much the whole thing

• Like 1

Pretty much anything makes me cry. Happy parts, sad parts it doesn't matter.  I'm an equal opportunity crier.  Dh and my kids make a game of it, looking over to see when I start.  None of my kids seem to have inherited it.  I recall being like this from the time I was a young.

I am not a crier by nature, but I cannot listen to Hurt by Johnny Cash. You can hear all his pain in that song. I have yet to meet a person that did not tear up the first time they heard it.

Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT watch the trailer for Logan, the new Wolverine movie. DH and I were in the theater for Dr. Strange, and I started tearing up right away. I've been meh about Wolverine since the first movie (I don't think I saw the last), but I might have to see Logan.

For fans of the movies who choose not to heed my warning, here's the trailer.

Edited by ErinE

I hardly ever cry at movies.  I get terrible headaches after crying, so I avoid it as much as possible. This weekend we saw Manchester by the Sea and I pretty much had a constant stream of tears running down my face for the entire second half of the movie. My boyfriend (who cries at everything) was absolutely shocked ... he's never seen me cry like that.   It is one of the best movie's I've ever seen, but absolutely gut-wrenching sad.  Had to go straight to bed once we got home because my head hurt so much.  

It's a Wonderful Life

About a Boy

Parenthood

Little Women (the Winona Ryder version, when Beth dies)

Overboard

Hallmark Card commercials

Budweiser Beer commercials

Understood Betsy

The Little White Horse

The Chestry Oak. Oh, my...from the first page to the last, I'm a mess...

...I'm just a weepy kinda gal.

I find I'm more likely to cry with emotionally happy events rather than sad events.  So in Little Women, it would be when Friedrich returns to Jo and discovers she is not married afterall.  

Except with animals.  I don't know, I cry about everything animal-related.