Menu

Gifts for sons in early twenties?

Tina

blanket for bed or sofa

household items: towels, kitchen gadgets they can't afford to buy for themselves yet, pantry items they would enjoy (or need) but wouldn't buy for themselves (I'm thinking Penzey's spice sets)

flannel sheets or other bedding

extra pillows

backup charger for phones

• Like 2

I put silly string in all the stockings last year with sons 17-23 and two fiances. Big hit! 

I buy mine clothes, but this idea would work for other stuff as well. I dare not try to pick out the clothes, so we go shopping near Christmas. Their job is to try on stuff they like. I then go back and purchase some of the stuff they liked. That way, they are still surprised to some extent because they can't be sure which Items I will choose and I know for sure they want what I am giving them.  I can see that working in sporting goods stores, autoshops, etc. as well. 

• Like 3

Car emergency kit and/or emergency charger

Tools

Boots 

Knife set

Mine likes to cook and is on a pretty tight budget, so I'll probably put together a small basket of things he'd enjoy but probably wouldn't buy. I may tuck a grocery store gift card in there as well.

• Like 1

for the recently married - how about storage type solutions to maximize their space?

I bought this for stocking stuffers for my girls.  they both have their own homes.   amazon is cheaper, and there are a whole host of complimentary products.

for kids (boys and girls) heading out on their own . . basic tools.  hammer, wrenches, screwdrivers, tape measure,etc.  and their small enough to fit in stockings.

• Like 1

wireless headphones

socks

boxers

baseball cards

beanie/gloves/hoodie/jacket -- unless these fall under the "too many clothes already" category!

toy drone

flip flops/beach towel

specialty or homemade cookies/candy/nuts

Eta: shaving bag

Edited by Chelle in MO
  • Like 2

coffee supplies

computer stuff - flashdrive and stuff like that

games like Risk

mine likes to play guitar so guitar stuff

backpack

camping stuff

:iagree: 

All of mine would LOVE to have their own camping gear--especially cloth sleeping bags. They don't like the slick fabric a lot of bags have on the outside.

• Like 2