Menu

Puzzle mats and sorters?

matrips

My dd12 loves jigsaw puzzles, but we don't have a place to keep them them out. She wants to maybe get one of those puzzle roll up mats or something like that. Reviews are really hit and miss. some people love them and others say they absolutely don't work. if you have one, what makes a good one and which do you have?

I just bought a great one this year. Jig Sort  <--- Do NOT pay that much for it. It was less than half that price when I bought it. Under $60. So far, it's great. My only complaint is that the 1000 piece was too short for most 1000 piece puzzles, so I had to return it and upgrade to the 1500 piece for my 1000 piece puzzles. If you do get this one, buy up a size. I have no idea why it's currently this expensive though!

I bought a mat recently and it is awful! It's thick felt and while I'm sure it holds things in place if you need to move the puzzle, the pieces can't slide well when you are actively working on it. It's so frustrating!

If any of you can report a surface that's not too sticky in the linked products, I'd be happy to hear about it!

Edited by Seasider