Menu

preschool prep 50% off sale is still on

drjuliadc

I'm mentioning this here because the Preschool Prep materials look a lot like Diane Craft materials.  They turn the letters, numbers, shapes, words, etc... into pictures and they tell a story with them.  Those words are having sooo much fun in the videos!  They aren't described as "right brain" learning materials, but I think they are.

I also think they would be good for learning differences is because their books have very bold type with very large words.  I think this is incredibly important and strangely hard to find.  Some remedial reading methods are based largely on the concept that the words need to be very, very large, Doman methods, for example.

The age these materials are designed for might be too young to even know if there is a learning challenge, but if you have an older child with an issue, it might be a way to "head off some trouble at the pass" to use these with younger, undiagnosed children.

I do not know how an older child would take these, since they are designed for baby and preschool age.

I used them with DS5 and DS4.  I was poised for reading difficulty with my oldest who was adopted from foster care and had known drug use from both bio parents.  I also knew his bio mom, although intelligent, had extreme reading difficulty. He also had LOTS of neurological red flags although not severe. (prolonged fisting as a baby, thought to be deaf in one ear, night terrors, many retained primitive reflexes, sensitivity to loud sounds, couldn't regulate the volume of his voice, still put everything in his mouth until around age 5.

All of this resolved and he is a great reader, but I used early methods that I knew would help if a child had learning challenges. Preschool Prep was one of them.