Menu

Curriculum addiction

I hesitate to admit being an "addict".

I did buy all 4 years of RSO Science this past week because they were on sale. I did the first few lessons of Life Science and liked it, so went ahead and bought the other 3 e-books for instant gratification.

There's a great art/geography combo curriculum called Mapping the World through Art that we started this year. You can find more info at 

http://www.ellenjmchenry.com/

Hope that helps!

It's on my shelf! Used it once, kind of, just the reading portions, but not the art mapping part.

I should probably sell it because I won't use it again with my others :)

• Like 1

I'm over my curriculum addiction...after 5 years of homeschooling we have found what works and will stick with it. I have my major loves and thats enough. Honestly, every curriculum teaches basically the same stuff just in a different manner and the trick is finding the one that fits you as a teacher and your child.

Books on the other hand 😠We have 4 library cards between us with a 100 book limit on each and we usually sit pretty close to limit on how many books we have out. Our State has an awesome system called the "one card" system where you can use your card to borrow books from any library in the State...thats over 300 libraries I have access too ( school libraries are also included). The interloan system is free and the online catalogue contains books from all the libraries in one search. So basically I never have to buy books again as at least one library in 300 is sure to have it.

The library staff know me well 😂

Are you in sa as well?

I totally adore our library system!

Okay, so, perhaps I'm still an addict. I'll admit that I can't keep myself from buying The Great Courses when I get a sale notice & it is the lowest price for one that I really want.

I just did this yesterday, so it is a fresh wound. (Chess! My kids want to improve their chess!)

• Like 1