Menu

Can SAT scores be transferred into KA?

Is it possible to transfer detailed SAT scores from an official administration into Khan Academy in a similar manner to how a PSAT score can be transferred?

In a similar vein, is it possible to transfer another PSAT score from an official administration into Khan Academy after a previous score has already been transferred in?

TIA!

If you have already linked his College Board account to his KA account, the SAT score should show up automatically once it's available. At least, that's what happened with my dd's account.

I believe that future SATs and PSATs will also show up without removing previous scores, as far as I know, but my dd has only taken one of each so far so I can't say for sure.

• Like 1

Just as bctnln1059 said, the new SAT test showed up in Khan Academy immediately after being posted on the College Board.

That said, I do not see any impact on skill levels. Perhaps this will show up tomorrow, as it apprears KA does some processing of skills overnight.

KA simply gives the test score and links to the results at the College Board.

I also do not see any way to get the following information (from either CB or KA):

- How many Reading, Writing and Math questions did DS17 get correct?

- Detailed analysis of which questions were missed, as is done with the PSAT. Is this not available for the SAT?

ETA: O.K. I found how many questions he got correct on each test on the CB page. I don't understand why that information is not also on the PDF report. :confused1:

Edited by RegGuheert

The detailed analysis is not available for the SAT unless you order the "Question and Answer Service", which is only available certain months. However, the last one, which was for the May sitting, took several months to arrive so there were complaints that it was not that helpful (it is sent by postal mail).

As for impact on skill levels in KA, I didn't pay enough attention to see to what extent it does that; you'd think it should. The one thing I did see was that for the personalized practice suggestions at the top, sometimes when they would recommend practicing a certain skill, they would say that it was "last missed on your PSAT".

The detailed analysis is not available for the SAT unless you order the "Question and Answer Service", which is only available certain months.

I should probably correct this since the detailed analysis that the College Board gives for the PSAT is not available for the SAT as far as I know. The Q&A service just gives you a test booklet and a list of the answers your student gave so you can see which ones they got wrong.