Menu

More medical issues for my mom - what can I expect?

creekland

Very sorry about the cancer, Creekland.  Glad it hasn't spread.

Having read this all at one sitting, I was very alarmed to hear that they discontinued the blood thinner, and quite impressed that the doctor went back and found another one to recommend.  I know an elderly man who had his aspirin stopped due to a bleed, and then had a heart attack from a clogged stent within just a week or two.  Glad you are not letting this go.

With that, her dr finally got around to calling the cardiologist who put her stent in.  That dr is the one who has given direction and insisted that everything get sped up.  I'm grateful for his push and advice.

• Like 1

So sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis.  It must be so hard to be far away as she is dealing with that. Hugs.

We will be heading back up there soon.  Fortunately, we sold all our young stock of ponies leaving us with just two broodmares and our stallion.  That makes chores super easy for our farm sitter, and they're flexible enough and extremely willing to help out.  Then hubby can work remotely so we keep getting paychecks.  It could be a LOT worse.

• Like 1