Menu

Have you spotted a unique gift? Post it here.

Kareni

Picture This Clothing allows kids to order a custom dress with their own coloring design.  They can even order one for their doll, too.  They are shipping two months out, but if you got the kit for a gift, the sundress would be ready before spring.

https://picturethisclothing.com

BTW, I saw this on Facebook, so can't really comment to the quality of the product, but it looks cool!

• Like 3

Litographs has some wonderful shirts, scarves, bags, prints, and more.

For fans of The Princess Bride   (scroll down to see other designs and options)

a Pi shirt.

I have a fondness for Corduroy.

The Declaration of Independence

The Elements of Style

Newton's Opticks

The Chemical History of a Candle

From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler

and many more.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

Kareni, thanks for the patent prints link. Two are perfect for dh and ds!

I'm glad to have helped!  The prints do look wonderful.  I read some comments on a post, and it sounds like they might also be amenable to doing patent prints if you give them information about a patent that you know about (for example, if Great Uncle Harry invented something).

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

TargetPhoto.com where you can score 35% off Personalized Monopoly and Scrabble games when you enter the promo code THANKS35 at checkout (expires 12/4/16). Even sweeter, these games are currently on sale for $29.95 (regularly $49.95) so just $19.50 each after the code THANKS35 at checkout! Note that economy shipping is $3.95 for one game or just $4.95 for 2 games!

• Like 2

TargetPhoto.com where you can score 35% off Personalized Monopoly and Scrabble games when you enter the promo code THANKS35 at checkout (expires 12/4/16). Even sweeter, these games are currently on sale for $29.95 (regularly $49.95) so just $19.50 each after the code THANKS35 at checkout! Note that economy shipping is $3.95 for one game or just $4.95 for 2 games!

Thanks! My dad's 70th birthday is coming up so I made him a photo scrabble game with photos of the grandkids "playing" with their Papa.

• Like 2

The Girls Mom (or something like that) made an absolutely stunning felted Dobby. I wanted him!!

Oh, I'm honored that I got a mention!  For the sake of Christmas...I'm UnSpun Artist on Etsy.  I took my name off the public shop.  

Would you be willing to share a picture of the felted Dobby?  I'm curious.

Regards,

Kareni

I find this thread invaluable for my brother and his family whom I barely know. Also for my dad who has no hobbies and drinks only water, o.j. and milk (bubble wrap calendar on order for office).

Sadly, I couldn't find a place to purchase the Extravagant Light Switch, so it will go on my "Pie in the Sky" wishlist along with the Trotify from last year.

This year I'm considering a shirt like this for my aforementioned brother.

Light switches: http://www.uncommongoods.com/search.html/find/?q=lightswitch

• Like 3

I ordered the bubble wrap calendar today for my ds14 who always make a big deal about popping to death any bubble wrap that is unfortunately enough to make its way into our house.

I'll be ordering 2 or maybe 3 pun maps for various people in my family; definitely for DH as he looooooves puns. He's pretty good at puns and a little vain about his pun-making ability.

Also, 10 years ago I was decorating the house and said, "Dh, if you lived alone, how would you decorate?" He said, "With lots of maps on the wall." So, the house is decorated with the knick-knacks I like and we have about 4 big framed maps on the wall that DH likes. The pun map will be awesome to add to his map collection.

I can't find the person who posted it, but thank you whoever posted it! (Here it is again: http://punmap.com/product/pun-map/)

• Like 3

This might be a cool gift for my ds but I can't see enough of it to decide. :( Is there a larger picture somewhere? The one on the site is tiny!

I was the one who posted it before. If you watch the video on the site, they zoom in on parts of it. It really is awesome!

I saw the guys who make the map at an arts and crafts show yesterday (which is where I first discovered it a few years ago). Guy: "Have you seen our map before?" Me: "I've bought your map before." Guy: "Oh, so YOU'RE the one."

• Like 7

I've gotten some jewelry from Accessory Alchemy on Etsy -- not the more expensive stuff, but what I got was lovely. A lot of it would work for steampunk fans.

I was looking for a vertical pen pouch and found this one. Can be carried in a bag or stands up on a desk. Pairing with some nice pens and I heard about these artist tiles from Kareni.

I heard about the Demeter Fragrance Library on the forum and found a crayon scent -- got a sample as a little joke for someone I know who always is sniffing at boxes of crayons. She always sniffs books, too, so I did consider these book themed tea lights.

Also -- a SolarPuff Collapsible Light

• Like 4

Also, 10 years ago I was decorating the house and said, "Dh, if you lived alone, how would you decorate?" He said, "With lots of maps on the wall." So, the house is decorated with the knick-knacks I like and we have about 4 big framed maps on the wall that DH likes. The pun map will be awesome to add to his map collection.

I can't find the person who posted it, but thank you whoever posted it! (Here it is again: http://punmap.com/product/pun-map/)

If your dh doesn't have it, he might like the book Vargic's Miscellany of Curious Maps.

• Like 2

While shelving books as a volunteer at the library today, I spotted this book ~

Steampunk LEGO  by Guy Himber

"Filled with dirigibles and floating cities, penny-farthings and pirate ships, curiosities and robots galore, Steampunk LEGO is an illustrated collection of Victorian-era sci-fi treasures, all built from LEGO.

Curated by award-winning LEGO builder and special effects master Guy Himber, this full-color coffee table book showcases an eclectic variety of models designed by dozens of the world's best LEGO artists.

Grab your brass goggles and join fictional explorer Sir Herbert Jobson as he travels the world cataloguing its technological wonders for Queen Victoria. His entertaining descriptions of an imaginative alternate history bring these delightful LEGO models to swashbuckling life."

Some other Lego books, older and newer ~

Medieval LEGO  by Greyson Beights

LEGO Architecture: The Visual Guide  by Philip Wilkinson

Extreme Bricks: Spectacular, Record-Breaking, and…  by  Sarah Herman

The Brick Bible: The Complete Set  by Brendan Powell Smith

The Complete Brick Bible for Kids: Six Classic Bible Stories  by Brendan Powell Smith

365 Things to Do with LEGO Bricks  by Simon Hugo and Alice Finch

Geeky LEGO Crafts: 21 Fun and Quirky Projects  by David Scarfe

and to add to your Christmas book collection: 

• Like 1

From another thread.  These shirts sound great ~

Just bought dh this t-shirt, "There is no problem that can't be solved with the appropriate application of explosives."  :lol:

And "Black Holes are where God divided by zero." It will make eldest boy nuts because he has had to explain to so many students that dividing by zero is undefined.

Here are links that I found:

http://unitednuclear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=428

and

Black Holes T-Shirt

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

From another thread:

Just for something fun, I think these are really cute:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=animal+poppers

Even better if you get two, so he and dad can have a popper war!   :thumbup:   

(I have the pig and the bigfoot one is already under the tree for dh!)

Regards,

Kareni

Well, I got this gift as a joke for ds12; little did I know he would love it and wear it constantly when he's not in school. He's planning to wear it with camo fleece pajama bottoms and a Chewbacca robe for pajama day at school. :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P6NL2I0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by trulycrabby
  • Like 1

Ordered last night also!

If your dh doesn't have it, he might like the book Vargic's Miscellany of Curious Maps.

And this!

Some more finds ~

For those who are curious as to whether the glass is half full or half empty: this t-shirt

And book marked this for a birthday coming up!

You guys are fantastic

• Like 2

Not an item that I "spotted", but something I  recommend for consideration, for relatives/friends who live overseas. We have a "magicJack" and have had it for about 3 years now. If you send a magicJack to someone, also send them a lightweight phone that works in the USA.  We can call 99% of the phone numbers in the USA free and I think also to Canada, PR and VI, but I only call to the USA.  We have a phone number in the USA for it.  

OT: A childhood friend in UT had his landline number ported to magicJack several years ago. He is an Electronic Engineer and believes the quality and reliability are about the same as he had with his old "POTS" service from his local phone company. I think he saves about USD $30 a month, but I cannot remember how much he saves. He is overseas now and he takes his magicJack with him when he travels and has his home phone number.  He pays magicJack about USD$10 a year for them to maintain his phone number like that.  

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 3