Menu

Looking for a Supplement to Miquon

kristinainar

I am a first year homeschool-er and am currently using Miquon for my five-year-old daughter. We are working through The Orange Book and I think she is getting it, but I'm not completely sure. I assist her with a lot of it because she won't really do much on her own. I am looking for a supplement as I really like Miquon, but feel maybe we could add to it to make it a little more engaging and fun for her. I'm looking at the RightStart Math Card Games Kit. Is this worth it? We play card games with Logic of English and things like Old Maid and Uno and she really likes those. I struggle with teaching her math, not because I don't understand it, but more because I am not sure I am really breaking things down and explaining them to her on her level. Anything else that I could look into? Thanks!

I don't know if this what you're looking for, but I use Singapore math "math essentials" with miquon and I really like it. You can do the worksheet or just do the activity at the bottom of each page. I like that it offers a scope and sequence and I like the way its organized. And I like the price!