Menu

Word Processing skills

Scarlett

Mine are lacking.  I quit to raise my son JUST as they were sending us all to classes to learn how use Word, Excel etc.  I can make a Word document but only the barest basic thing.  And Excel....heck no.  I am back working a few days here and there for my boss in his office....and it is very likely to turn into more at the first of the year.  This is a thriving small business.  I have never worked in this environment before.  I need to have a basic knowledge of word processing programs....ugh.

I really really really wish I could take a live class.  I know there are on line things....but I want a live classroom. I can't seem to google any info on that.  Anyone else have this problem? 

• Like 1

I work as a technology trainer in our local library system. We teach tons of (free) classes in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher . . . the whole Microsoft Office suite. I am repeatedly surprised at the number of people who live in this area and have no idea about the range of services their libraries offer. I would strongly recommend you check with your local library and see what they might have for you.

If that doesn't pan out, you might take a look at this site: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics/office/

I used a number of their tutorials when I was working on refreshing my skills and updating my resume a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

We have classes like this at our local library, adult/community education classes, and at the local job literacy training center.  All of the classes are free except the community classes which charge $15 for a six week session.  We just got the adult ed catalog in the mail so I looked before posting.  Maybe you have  something similar in your area.  

I work as a technology trainer in our local library system. We teach tons of (free) classes in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher . . . the whole Microsoft Office suite. I am repeatedly surprised at the number of people who live in this area and have no idea about the range of services their libraries offer. I would strongly recommend you check with your local library and see what they might have for you.

If that doesn't pan out, you might take a look at this site: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics/office/

I used a number of their tutorials when I was working on refreshing my skills and updating my resume a couple of years ago.

Thank you. I wish you were at my library!

Totally. I cannot do Excell. I recently spent at least 45 minutes trying to make a simple table in Word. I can never remember the short cuts for copy/paste. Resizing images I want to use gets me every time. I'm a mess. Hope you find something to help you learn. Share if you do!

I know right! I mean good grief! I as looking at a simple document of customer info today and I swear I almost screwed it up!

• Like 1

our library system also offers office classes.

and there are multiple tutorial sites online

If that doesn't pan out, you might take a look at this site: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/topics/office/

my niece was living in another state and interviewing for a job where a different product was common.  they asked her if she could use excel.  "I'm from redmond, of course I can use excel".  

she also was known to call her brother and ask how to do something in excel. . . . .