Menu

Does anyone sell photos online?

creekland

Many times hubby has been told he should sell some of the pictures he takes - just "typical" pics, but often they really catch that "something extra."  He has a knack for getting good shots - the types companies might use, etc.

Does anyone sell any of theirs online?  I started to research his options online and I get a bunch of google hits, but which ones are truly worthy (if any)?

We're not looking to replace our income this way.  I think he'd mainly like the gratification if anything sold, but OTOH, it's not worth his time uploading things if they are free IYKWIM.

Oh my. I was not sure what to expect when opening this thread... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately I am totally unhelpful with your inquiry but hope you get some great answers.

Hmm, hadn't even thought about that take on it all.  The best anyone is going to get would be some ponies (furry variety) frolicking in the pasture sometimes.  Otherwise, he does all sorts of outdoor types of scenery shots from our travels - and a few around home when conditions seem right.

• Like 1

Agreeing with Etsy. One friend sold his on 500px, but it helped that he has a huge following. His pictures are regularly featured on the local news in the Tampa area so a lot of people know the name.

One way to sell is to get signed up as a supplier for stock photos. Adobe has a stick photo membership and there a lots of agencies. Maybe he will want to look into that.

One way to sell is to get signed up as a supplier for stock photos. Adobe has a stick photo membership and there a lots of agencies. Maybe he will want to look into that.

I'm pretty sure this is what he had in mind.  It's what I started to google info about, but there seem to be so many places - I wasn't sure which ones were better than others.

Maybe he can frame some and display them at a local coffeeshop?

That's an idea, but I doubt he has the time.  His engineering work keeps him busy when we're at home.

Does he want to sell prints or just digital versions?

Digital - and online - was what he had in mind - stuff for stock photos or similar.  That said, I'm mulling over other ideas now that I've read them, esp since he has some nice pony shots (due to our pony farm) and we know the owner of a "horse" gift/tourist store.  I'm wondering about getting some good prints and putting them in frames to see what happens.

CreativeLive offers a class on Microstock; it's APPARENTLY (duh on me) a stock photo company.  Anyway, here is the link.  I know it looks daunting--16 classes!--but the classes I have taken from them are good.  If I were to try to make a business out of photography, this is one thing I would do FOR SURE.  And I will never ever ever ever be a wedding photographer.  A woman's gotta know her limitations.

https://www.creativelive.com/courses/how-make-money-shooting-microstock-lesa-snider?via=site-header_0