Menu

Fruit Infuser Water Bottles - do they really work?

mathnerd

I am hoping to increase the amount of water that I drink. A fruit infuser water bottle might motivate me because I like lemon or raspberry flavored water. Does anyone here use those infuser type bottles for flavoring their water? Do those impart distinct fruit flavors to the water? Are they easy to clean? I am looking for a glass bottle. If you have and love yours, please point me in the right direction :) TIA.

I've always thought if I had one of these, I would probably forget about it at some point and end up with gross rotten fruit water. 

But I've had water from giant versions where it comes out of a tap, and it seemed to work, the water did taste slightly fruity.  I liked lemon best but really, you don't need a special thing to make that.  With berries was ok, but once I had one with cucumber which had a gross slimey quality.

In all cases though it was still very watery.

I made water for dd this summer with cucumbers, mint, and strawberries. I just put it all in a big pitcher and just poured it into her regular water bottle (the pitcher lid mostly kept the fruit in the pitcher).

I would definitely forget to wash out an infuser and it would get gross.