Menu

Who's going to tackle Wednesday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

*Finish a volunteer project at the elementary school (this project confirms that I should never volunteer for anything crafty,but I made a commitment to help....)

*Try to find a new doctor

*Finish gathering donations

*Get a good run in

*Regular house chores

• Like 4

Still cranking on the accounting, blah.  My "Friend" arrived, so who knows how she's going to treat me today.  :/  I had to cancel my reflexology appointment (a birthday gift) because of my work situation.  :/

Yesterday my kids cooked dinner, in accordance with my Monday decree [they get to cook dinner from now on since they hate everything served to them].  They made toasted cheese sandwiches and baked beans (from a can).  Well hey, at least they thought about vegetables.  :P  Today they are already suggesting that we order out, LOL.  Maybe we will have some Indian food delivered.

• Dig out kid's gym suit which I just washed overnight, and pack it.
  • Kids up & driven to school early for math practice.
  • Took out the garbage.
  • Canceled massage.
  • Work and exercise.
  • Kids' work.
  • Kid to gymnastics; work at gymnastics.
  • Read-aloud?
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.
  • Like 3

I really just have one thing I need to do today:  I am sewing a gown for dd for a big All State orchestra concert.  I have to finish it today. I have the basic structure put together (it is a lovely long navy dress with princess seams and a little bit of a train in the back, very simple and elegant.) She tried it on last night and it fits, so now the real work begins.  Here's a funny dress making fact:  she is tiny.  She weighed herself a couple days ago and weighs 103 pounds.  She is about 5'1".  It is hard to find "grown up" clothes that fit her - she wears a 0-2 and sometimes those are too big.  According to the pattern envelope, she is about a size 10.  I have a hard time believing that even 40 years ago she would have worn a size 10.  Anyway, back to sewing:

take it in a little along back seams and bust

sew lining

press all of those long seams open

make little sleeves

sew in sleeves

sew in zipper

I think I need to go pick up a zipper, though, so:

go to Joann's

have dd try on the dress

trim hem

hem the dress, nice little rolled hem

take some photos

put it all together

other less important things that I still have to do:

roast in the crock pot

laundry

tidy up sewing mess

call my mom to ask her about finishing the inside seams of a princess line dress - I probably shouldn't serge...

get dd cash for her trip

get candy for trunk or treat

dd to drivers ed

truck or treat with ds and his friend (luckily ds was cool with wearing last year's costume!)

Edited by wendy not in HI