Menu

Elizabeth Smart Story

SquirrellyMama

My dh and I were both leaning towards no. I thought I'd ask just in case :) No it will be. I am glad she told them to get permission. It seems like most of what this teacher makes them read includes drug abuse, rape, suicide, mental illness with suicide, drug addicted babies, etc... I'm not against these topics, but I'd love to see other less heavy topics thrown in.

• Like 1

My dh and I were both leaning towards no. I thought I'd ask just in case :) No it will be. I am glad she told them to get permission. It seems like most of what this teacher makes them read includes drug abuse, rape, suicide, mental illness with suicide, drug addicted babies, etc... I'm not against these topics, but I'd love to see other less heavy topics thrown in.

At 13?!?!? No way would I be ok with that. I guess it's public school?

• Like 1

Absolutely one of my favorite pet peeves about public school. Why must there be such focus on the dark side???

• Like 6