Menu

Christmas Ideas for "Forgetful" granny

saraha

I am trying to see if this would be a possible Christmas gift...

My dmil is starting to get forgetful.  This is really stressful as her mother had Alzheimer's and lived with them up to the end of her life.  She is very sensitive to this becoming her, and of other people thinking she is getting senile.

I have not seen any behavior that is in anyway concerning, but some random forgetfulness.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of Christmas gifts that might address this concern.  I am grasping at straws for a gift and was wandering down this path to see if I can find anything.

Thanks!

What about a really pretty datebook/journal thing?  It wouldn't necessarily be a "here you go because you forget stuff" gift, but could also be useful to her for that purpose.

Piggy backing off of your wonderful idea...

You could give said journal then suggest she write her family's history or genealogy especially about dh's childhood, you know for prosperity. 

• Like 2

A smart phone or ipod Touch where should could program alarms to remind her of things?

We all got her one, she drives us crazy with it!  She complains about it constantly and just says she is too old for it! :lol:  In the mean time, in a monthly activity I lead, there are ladies way older than her whipping out their smart phones to take pictures etc...