Menu

My daughter wants to learn Russian.

My daughter has been using Duolingo to learn Russian for about a year now. She would like to study it formally for high school credit if possible. I cannot seem to find any resources other than Rosetta Stone for learning Russian. Anyone have any recommendations for a curriculum or textbook?

• Like 1

I don't know of any, but you might send an email to the Russian studies department at Texas Tech University and ask for  any suggestions they can make. They are one of the best university level Russian  language schools in the USA.  

ETA: If your DD should go on to become extremely proficient in the Russian language, that will "open doors" for her, if she is interested in a career in the military or the intelligence community...

Edited by Lanny

Russian step by step-- either basic edition on your own or school edition. You can call them and discuss differences between two versions but from what I heard and what I have seen from actual textbooks, school edition is much more through than the basic edition. Also school edition counts as 1 high school credit for each book covered. And you don't have to get all the bells and whistles.

This is the link for the School Edition:

http://russianstepbystepschooledition.com/

This is the link for basic edition:

http://russianstepbystep.com/

• Like 1