Menu

Help finding a Christmas gift

saraha

Literature definitely, Dr. Who, comics, not so much real history. Like we saw online a poster of the "Map of Fairyland" but the prints were $65 or $95 (it is an antique and apparently only one place on the whole internet sells prints), which is way more than I can spend, but he really liked it. So I was thinking something like that.

Edited by saraha

Also, a map of his hometown, or a favorite city like London, or a nearby National Park. 

We're big geography nuts here, and I would consider those wall-sized ones!  :)

Our kids love their LOTR one, too, also schematics of Star Wars Millenium Falcon, etc.

ETA = Also places like Hobby Lobby sell poster frames, which make it easy/cheap to mount.

Edited by Beth S
  • Like 1

I know this is not what you're asking for, but consider a DeLorme gazetteer of your state (I assume you live in the US).  These gazetteers aren't great for navigating cities (not enough street detail), but they are wonderful for finding little back road features, landmarks, ponds/lakes and things of that sort.  It's so fun finding treasures that you didn't even know existed "in your own back yard."

Here is an example of detail that the company posted on its blog.

Edited by Cecropia
  • Like 1