Menu

Party Games for 12 year old kids

Vida Winter

Look for Minute to Win It games.  Build the tallest cup tower in a minute.  Team work to move a stack of cups using a rubber band and 4 pieces of yarn.  Pumpkin bowling.  Pumpkin stacking.  Nerf gun sharp shooting (shoot at a pumpkin?)  Tie a balloon around everyone's ankles and then the kids try to pop the balloons by stomping - last one with a balloon wins.  Other balloon relays.  Set chairs in a square, sit down, then lay on each others laps - remove the chairs... (you might have to look that one up to see how it really works).

My mom has a pinterest page for team building games for scouts - do a quick search and I'm sure you will find too many ideas!  

• Like 2

You could do regular Bingo or Halloween-themed Bingo (depending on what you want to do you could make or buy the cards). There could be Halloween-themed prizes if you wanted.

They may be too old for "pin the tail" or a piñata (figure there might be candy at the party), but those are other ideas you could try depending on if you think they'd be receptive. I've been looking up games, too, for events I'm involved with. I saw a file online for Pin the Tail on the Werewolf. http://denniswest.com/blog/pin-tail-werewolf/ You can do one for a black cat. There are other ideas as well to stay in theme. I'm thinking about making one of my own with posterboard.

• Like 1

Beanboozled is fun.

https://www.jellybelly.com/beanboozled-challenge

Another idea: Open commercial fortune cookies, take out fortunes and replace with embarrassing "dares" or "you won a prize/candy" etc.  I can come up with a list of the fortunes we used at our last Halloween party, if you like (we had a large party of 8yo up to adult participants, mix of all ages).

Cut your fortunes out to be the same size as the fortunes in the store-bought cookies.

It is super easy to open fortune cookies, but you need to act fast.  Cut straight across one end of the plastic wrap carefully (you want to reuse it) and remove the cookie, wrap the cookie in a damp (not wet!) paper towel and microwave on high for 20-30 seconds(ish) and it will unfold very easily.  It will be hot! and you only have a short window of time to pull out the fortune, slip your new one in and fold it back up.  Then hold it folded up a few seconds until it cools and hardens again.  When it is fully cool, slip it back into the plastic wrapping and use some crystal clear scotch tape to seal up the top edge so that it looks like new.

• Like 2

I wanted to follow up and thank you all for the great ideas. The party was a hit! The first hour went by fairly quickly with eating goodies and pizza. Then we did four of the minute-to-win-it games, two kids at a time, 13 kids in all. After that, we played a few rounds of charades. Total time for the party was 3 1/2 hours. A friend helped me with everything -- I couldn't have done it without her. She also brought the best prop - a life-size teaching skeleton. We sat it on a big pillow and tied it to a dining room chair with zip ties and scooted it up to an antique typewriter, then tied its bony fingers to the keys. The entire day was crazy and hectic, but everyone had a great time and I couldn't be more pleased.

• Like 3