Menu

Boys and HPV vaccine?

Kathryn

Here is what the child has the right to know....

The only way to catch HPV is through intercourse. You won't get it through sharing a cup, drinking fountain, touching the same shopping cart, or even toilet seat. If you have intercourse, you risk many things, including HIV and pregnancy. This shot does not protect against cancer. It protects against four strains of HPV out of many strains today. Many strains have been associated with cervical cancer. The shot only protects against two of those. 50% of sexually actively adult women test positive for HPV when all strains are included. 70% of the women with cervical cancer test positive for HPV of any number of strands. This means 30% of women with cervical cancer do not have any sort of HPV at all.

The four strains cause 70% of the cancers (HPV 16 and 18) and 90% of genital warts (6 and 11) 

The oral transmission of HPV is not known so they don't know if one can get it from kissing or not.

Edited by Slartibartfast

IMO it doesn't matter how religious someone is or how much they drill into their kids to abstain.

1 in 5 women are raped, it is estimated that 1 in 30 men are raped but it can be hard to get statistics on men since even fewer of them report than women.

A 15 year old male is more likely to be raped than a woman over 40.

https://richardfelson.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/sex-assault-archives_onlinepdf.pdf

• Like 3

Measles is the leading cause of childhood blindness around the world.

She was probably talking about measles. 

I didn't see her mention blindness.  What she said was, "A few years ago I went to our local history museum, and they had a display about some of the old families in our part of the city. It included family trees. There was one family of ten kids, that had only three survive to adulthood. The rest died from what is now a vaccinated illness. Four in one summer, and three others the next summer. All under 10 years old." (sorry not sure how to quote her when I've already quoted you)

You wouldn't typically see measles killing multiple children in one family in quick succession but this did happen all too often with diphtheria. 

Edited by December
  • Like 1

The current data shows that vaccines have saved millions of lives.

The attack on vaccines springs from anti-scientific thinking that puts people at risk.

Bill

The current data shows that vaccines have prevented millions of cases of particular illnesses which at least some of the vaccines have been shown to give immunity to in at least a majority of cases. For example, I think it is pretty clear that smallpox was a significant scourge and also pretty clear that smallpox vaccine played a significant role in eliminating it as a current cause of many deaths around the world. It was probably not the only factor since poor sanitation and crowding such as in war conditions also tended to contribute to smallpox, and also other infectious disease.

So far though, so far as I am aware, 100% of people die of something whether or not there are vaccines. I do realize that scientists are trying to change that, but so far as I know they have not yet succeeded. 

Given that this thread is about HPV vaccines, how many lives has HPV vaccine apparently saved? How does this compare to number of people who have (at least allegedly) had seriously bad reactions to the vaccine? Since one of the alleged issues with the HPV vaccine seemed to be that ovarian cancer cases seemed to go up -- is it possible that the downtick in deaths from one cause is being matched by an uptick in deaths from another equally unpleasant cause?

There are more and more vaccines available at this time, and routinely being given more and more often than when I was a child which in turn is far more than when my parents were children, which was more than when my grandparents were--and getting back to my great-grandparents there were very few vaccines. What is currently happening to the average age of mortality in our country with so many wonderful "life saving" vaccines available? Is it going up, down, or staying more or less steady?

• Like 1

I didn't see her mention blindness.  What she said was, "A few years ago I went to our local history museum, and they had a display about some of the old families in our part of the city. It included family trees. There was one family of ten kids, that had only three survive to adulthood. The rest died from what is now a vaccinated illness. Four in one summer, and three others the next summer. All under 10 years old." (sorry not sure how to quote her when I've already quoted you)

You wouldn't typically see measles killing multiple children in one family in quick succession but this did happen all too often with diphtheria.

The post I quoted quoted this one

I think it was chickenpox.

I am just not sure what to say if you are so set on thinking that measles was a mild disease.  My parents both had it, luckily with no lasting effect though it was truly miserable.  But they also both know people that had serious complications like infertility and blindness.   There is a reason people were so happy to get another option.

Bluegoat was responding to post #189 which TM posted.

If one is looking at older cemeteries in the Midwestern US or Canada it wouldn't be uncommon for there to be a great number of deaths in children from measles. Measles is much worse if the child is malnourished or missing vitamins (vitamin A can help prevent the blindness that comes with measles) if it hit a family that was barely getting by food-wise and mostly living on wheat it would hit them hard. Pioneering was hard on the young. :(

But it is hard to say, without modern medicine there weren't always accurate diagnoses.

Edited by Slartibartfast