Menu

Ebay Seller Question- different address as Seller than as Buyer?

TranquilMind

I've been buying on Ebay for awhile.  Now I want to sell.  I can't seem to find the answer to this question. 

Can I create a seller account with a business address so that everything I send to buyers has that address, yet keep my own address that is on file as a buyer? 

I can't figure out how to do this.  I'd rather buyers not have my home address and I have a business street address. 

I seldom sell on eBay, though I just sold a couple items that will go out Monday.

The buyer only had the address I give them correct? (Afaik, I'm never gone looking for an official buyers address through the website.) I use my companies business address for the return shipping. I certainly did not create a new account for me to do this

Edited by athomeontheprairie

I seldom sell on eBay, though I just sold a couple items that will go out Monday.

The buyer only had the address I give them correct? (Afaik, I'm never gone looking for an official buyers address through the website.) I use my companies business address for the return shipping. I certainly did not create a new account for me to do this

Well, I don't want to create a new account, but I do need to sign up to sell, and create a paypal.  Trying to figure out how to do this while leaving my home address that is on file for me as a buyer untouched.  I still want to receive things I buy at home.  I just don't want that address on what I sell. 

Well, I don't want to create a new account, but I do need to sign up to sell, and create a paypal. Trying to figure out how to do this while leaving my home address that is on file for me as a buyer untouched. I still want to receive things I buy at home. I just don't want that address on what I sell.

I don't remember needing to sign up to sell. How are you paying for purchases now if not through PayPal?

Also , I have five addresses listed on my PayPal account , I just select the one I want to use each time-whether I'm shipping or receiving.

Edited by athomeontheprairie

I don't remember needing to sign up to sell. How are you paying for purchases now if not through PayPal?

I pay by credit card that is on file.  All credit cards are routed through Paypal for the Seller. 

It has never been a problem.  I don't really want a Paypal, but I need one to sell.  Can I make the Paypal address the business address?  How do I make the seller address a business address but as a buyer continue to use the credit card linked to my home address? 

Also , I have five addresses listed on my PayPal account , I just select the one I want to use each time-whether I'm shipping or receiving.

So I could put both a different address on the Paypal and keep buying as a Buyer with my credit card on file, receiving at my home address?  I don't know if that makes sense but I really want to handle the sales separately from the purchases.

However, if I create a new seller account, I lose all my excellent feedback.  No one will buy from someone with no feedback. 

So I could put both a different address on the Paypal and keep buying as a Buyer with my credit card on file, receiving at my home address? I don't know if that makes sense but I really want to handle the sales separately from the purchases.

However, if I create a new seller account, I lose all my excellent feedback. No one will buy from someone with no feedback.

Yes, you can ship from any address on file. Or add an address to your account and ship from there.

and yes no one buys from someone with zero feedback! Keep that good rating!

Ebay seller here with both personal and business accounts. Yes, you can use different address through your PayPal account which is connected to your eBay account. In PayPal you can create invoices, use a logo if you want, and add any return address you choose. Be sure when you buy shipping and create a your shipping label that you get the address you want on that too. 

Ebay seller here with both personal and business accounts. Yes, you can use different address through your PayPal account which is connected to your eBay account. In PayPal you can create invoices, use a logo if you want, and add any return address you choose. Be sure when you buy shipping and create a your shipping label that you get the address you want on that too. 

Ok, trying to follow this.  So I have an eBay account with excellent feedback, attached to a credit card on file to buy.

I can use this same eBay account that I already used as a buyer and which has excellent feedback.

I can simply add a paypal account to this eBay account.  Do I have to link a bank account or a credit card to sign up for Paypal?  The bank account I want to use (and the card) are both in my name, business name, as in Tranquil Z. Mind, XX Group, LLC. 

Can I do this?  And when I buy, things will still go to my home address (which is not connected to the bank account for Paypal -  that is only the business address)?  My home address has a credit card on file (I don't use Paypal now) that is linked to my home address.  I don't want to change this, but the account I want to add is linked only to the business address.  I really don't want to use my own bank account as the Paypal account.  I want to keep sales separate.

Am I understanding you?

If you want PayPal to deposit the $ you receive into a bank account, then yes you need to add a bank account be it business or personal, or you could have PayPal hold the money and use that money for purchases. The invoicing for eBay sales goes through PayPal. So yes, just add a PayPal account to your eBay account. When you buy things you need to make sure the address you want your purchase to go to is selected in PayPal. For bookkeeping purposes it is far easier to have two separate accounts. Your stars on eBay reflect you as a buyer but not a seller. I have four different PayPal accounts and five different eBay accounts.