Menu

College Board testing double time accommodations?

Asking for a good friend. She has already submitted very extensive paperwork to College Board with recommendations from evaluators for double time for all subjects (SAT, subject tests and APs).

Here is her request:

Has anyone successfully been approved for double time and computer use for all subjects? What about spell check and/or access to a word bank? Do I need to include something about using a calculator too?

DS has a rare motor condition and severe dysgraphia with extensive documentation supporting these accommodations and others (breaks, preferential seating). I've been asked to complete the accommodations change form and want the process to go as smoothly as possible on my end.

They had a previous submission when her son went to B&M high school (a short experiment). Only one subject was approved but approval was incomplete. She is hoping for guidance e.g. wording to make sure she sets up the accommodations change form for the smoothest and most timely approval. She is worried about missing exam registration deadlines.

She is also wondering if there's a way to follow up for a status update/determination feedback. Nobody would get back to her despite multiple requests for a supervisor to follow up and call her back.

If you can help, I will forward her your responses. Thank you!

ETA, further clarification:

50% time is the default on the check box which is my guess as to how the mixup began. To request double time (100%), one has to check a box that is blank and fill in the request. I'm interested in any wording for that that might help it go more smoothly. All of the doctors and neuropsych evals specify double time.

The 50% original request was approved but not until May. Everything was submitted and received by CB on 1/14/16.

Edited by quark

I started with asking for College Board accommodations early and for a test that didn't matter too much if we didn't get it. You have to say what test you are going to take. I requested accommodations for 10th grade PSAT that would be good for all the tests in the future. Requested double time and only got time and half.

Not sure I can be of any help.

• Like 1

If she hasn't already, she needs to get her son evaluated by someone who has extensive experience with writing reports in the form that the College Board wants to see, particularly since it sounds like he is currently homeschooled.  

• Like 1

If she hasn't already, she needs to get her son evaluated by someone who has extensive experience with writing reports in the form that the College Board wants to see, particularly since it sounds like he is currently homeschooled.  

Thanks Kai. I believe she has already done all of that. I know her in real life and she is very on the ball and pro active about this. I think the hang up is coming from College Board's side.