Menu

mixers... .

gardenmom5

I do cinnamon rolls by hand, no mixer. It's a little messier but it's not hard. I do pizza and bread dough by hand as well from time to time. You don't need a stand mixer to make dough.

I have never done them, so this is good to know! The recipe I have calls for 10 minutes of mixing, so hand mixing would be ok?

My 20yo KA has speeds that don't work, and I like the idea of a bigger bowl (and a more powerful motor) . . .

so - talk to me.  what's good and reliable?

eta: 1ds's gf the aspiring chef is  not the one to talk to.  she wants a floor mixer . . . her dream kitchen is restaurant/industrial.

Wow, I think I must be really, really tired.

The title of this thread had me thinking either of mixers for drinks or mixers that you go to the first week of college. I saw "KA" and thought okay, it's college (Kappa Alpha is a fraternity) and then I saw "bowl" and I thought okay, it's some kind of spiked punch. 

For the record, I am a perfectly normal mom who is NOT having a midlife crisis.  :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You Bosch owners--i found an old mixer on Craigslist for $100 but it looks like there aren't any good whips/paddles for cookies or cakes. Any feedback? 53729956cf045eae967efe59539ff96d.jpg2f5683aa5e937d3b86bd982524f54097.jpgf16aee46e178f4728c092753bfc3f53e.jpg

I would think the beaters that are there would be just fine for cake or cookies. The ones that have 4 bars look fairly heavy duty.