Menu

Pampered Chef Opinions?

Anne

I will usually go to a pampered chef party if invited. PC things I love:

-the pyrex mixing bowl with lid and handle.

-silicone spatulas

-garlic press

-cutting boards

-pizza stone (I don't use stoneware for any other purpose, but I do like the pizza stone)

I've purchased other things that are fine, but nothing to write home about. Everything has been good quality, I just sometimes think I need something that I really don't. But the list above I would go out of my way to say, get for my dds when they're setting up a home.

• Like 2

An emphatic yes to the stoneware cookie sheets! We use our bar pans for everything, including pizza. I have a small one that fits in the toaster oven that I love. They end up looking gross, which drives me a little crazy, but that's just the seasoning, and the worse they look, the better they perform. You're not supposed to wash them with soap but I always have and have never had any kind of issue--the seasoning never comes off, nothing ever tastes like soaps--so I've never quite understood that. The main drawback is the weight, but that's never really been a problem for me.

I've had other PC things, and most have ended up in the giveaway box, but someone will have to take my stoneware over my dead body :lol:

ETA: Oh yes, the glass mixing bowls with the handles and lids that Ali mentioned. I don't love them like I love my stoneware, but they have been immensely useful over the years. You can even bake in them.

Edited by ILiveInFlipFlops
  • Like 1

Count me as one who got rid of the stoneware stuff quickly after buying it.  I never liked it, but it's been several years so I don't remember exactly why.   I think I've had a few other things but have gotten rid of them.  

I do have 2 nonstick muffin pans - regular size and mini - which I use.  They are OK, but hard to clean - I would prefer something I could scrub and put in the dishwasher.

I do have 2 nonstick muffin pans - regular size and mini - which I use.  They are OK, but hard to clean - I would prefer something I could scrub and put in the dishwasher.

If you ever find that, you have to post about it here. I fantasize about finding stainless steel muffin tins. I don't use nonstick and I don't want to bake in aluminum, so I have a stoneware muffin pan, but man do I hate cleaning that thing. I rarely use it, and when I do, I use silicone muffin liners (and how safe those are is questionable too!), but there's usually still a baked on mess around the tops to scrub off.

Like others, I have several things that I like and use a lot, other stuff that just meh. My loves are:

Silicone spatulas

The thing that grinds ground meat while cooking (Meat chopper?)

Small nonstick sauté pan (perfect for eggs)

Chopper

These are all things I use often and like the quality.

Yup. On the whole, I don't do direct sales, but I make an exception for Pampered Chef. Love the pyrex measuring cups with a lid. Love the rubber spatulas; I need a new one. Love the pizza stones (although one came from a yard sale). Love their tiny paring knives.

I like the lidded pyrex mixing/measuring bowls, too. 

I really like the large edged "jelly roll" type cookie sheet/pan for bar cookies of all sorts. It rocks. I had 3 until I just gave one of them to college girl. (I'd broken one, then bought 2 to replace it. Then my mom died, so I got hers. I never needed THREE, just never wanted to be without one, lol.)

The little square brown plastic pan cleaner thingies (for cleaning the stonewear that you can't use soap on -- one comes with each pan purchased) are THE BOMB. They're cheap and last forever -- like $3 for 2 or something like that. Buy 10, IMHO. They are the best thing ever for scraping stuck on lasagna/cheese/etc/etc and I also like them for cleaning around the house (scraping wax off a table, etc.)

The rotary parmesan cheese grater is very good if you like that style. (I've mostly converted to a microplane, but the rotary style is definitely tidier for at-the-table).

Most of the other stuff is overpriced for not-that-special, IMHO.

• Like 2

The little square brown plastic pan cleaner thingies (for cleaning the stonewear that you can't use soap on -- one comes with each pan purchased) are THE BOMB. They're cheap and last forever -- like $3 for 2 or something like that. Buy 10, IMHO. They are the best thing ever for scraping stuck on lasagna/cheese/etc/etc and I also like them for cleaning around the house (scraping wax off a table, etc.)

You know what's funny? I don think I've ever used mine on my actual PC stoneware, but I use them all the time on temperamental (or misused, grrr) cast iron! They are wonderful.

• Like 4

I'm not impressed with PC stuff.  for what I'd buy and where, depends upon the item.

for bakeware, I like fat daddio's (or similar) off amazon. I have cake pans from them.  (dh is very pleased with his slip-bottom cheesecake pans - we have two.)  my cookie sheets are calphalon. 

• Like 2

My experience is that the quality is mostly good, but that they have a lot of gadgety stuff that is a waste for most chefs - special choppers, special knifes, things with limited functions that seem neat at the party but that you just don't use a ton unless you're a gadget lover. The quality of the basic supplies is good... but often that's the stuff people already have. But if you need anything - time for new cookie sheets, etc. Then, sure.

I don't like what MLM does to people and friendships and PC is definitely in that family. At least the stuff is good quality, but... I just always have reservations about MLM.

• Like 2

Things I love:

Stones

Bread pan

Spatulas

Glass mixing bowl

Prep bowls with lids-LOVE these

They do have a lot of "fad" items. Several I've been gifted and promptly discarded. But the things I need that I've bought-I've loved them all.

Also, while i HATE needing customer service through someone who doesn't actually work for a company (the consultant) the couple times I've called the company directly they've gone far beyond what I expected or asked for.

I'm not a fan of at home sales parties but I do love Pampered Chef.  People were doing them when my kids were little (17 years ago!) and almost all of the things I bought back then I still have and use.  My favorites are the batter bowls, mini spatulas and the stone ware.  The chopper is great when I use it but that isn't often.  I also have this hand held meat chopper (Mix and Chop) is nice when making tacos, sausage for biscuits and gravy or fried rice.  Oh, and I love their egg separator. 

I have a lot of PC stoneware that I have collected over the past 15 or so years that is all well used. Last year I bought the new individual sized pizza stones, because they have a small raised edge around them. I was sooo tired of my DH making tortilla pizzas on the flat stone and having all the grease run off the pan into the oven. Of course, if he would stop putting 3 inches of cheese and pepperoni on his pizza there would not be enough grease to run off.

My chopper has gotten a lot of use over the past 15 years. About 5ys ago I bought a replacement for the round plastic piece just because it was etched and looked ugly.

Like others, I have several things that I like and use a lot, other stuff that just meh. My loves are:

Silicone spatulas

The thing that grinds ground meat while cooking (Meat chopper?)

Small nonstick sauté pan (perfect for eggs)

Chopper

These are all things I use often and like the quality.

Love that meat chopper. ðŸ˜

I love love love their stoneware. I have a good variety of it that I've accumulated and I use it for all baking except when I need to do large quantities. The only stoneware I don't like is the muffin tin...couldn't stand cleaning it. I use something like their pot scraper thing all the time too, but got it at Walmart, in a pretty color.

Can't quote on my phone, but to the poster who wanted an alternative to Teflon and aluminum, google Gold Touch pans....Williams Sonoma I think it is that makes them. They're nonstick but not teflon. I have their muffin tin and some 3/4 and full sheet baking sheets too.

I love our round stone thingamaggig, the garlic press, spatulas, the round caddy to put tools. Also have the crockrock. Love our set of measuring spoons and cups. Oh, and absolutely love my wine opener!! I do like PC :)

ETa: which meat thing is everyone talking about? Now I'm curious :)

Edited by mamiof5

The only PC thing I ever owned was the olive oil sprayer. I never used it and finally gave it away.

I had one of those -- the old all plastic one -- for about 10 years. Used it all the time until it gave out. I bought the newer glass and plastic one. It's crap. Utter. Complete. Crap. It doesn't hold much pressure and ends up spittling out the oil after a second of super fine mist that goes nowhere. It is the most disappointing thing ever, especially after the old one had been such a good workhorse. *sigh* :crying:

I have a lot of PC stuff, I have found the quality to be very good, I've had many of he item since before ds13 was born. I most often use my stoneware, my garlic press, the mix and chop, prep bowls, batter bowls, and the stainless steel bowl set. Some of their stuff is gimiicky, I bought a pineapple cutter thing and promptly got rid of it.

I love the stoneware to death.  Luckily I jumped on the stuff when they had a cranberry colored outside glaze available, so most of mine is oven to table and very attractive.  But I have some of the stoneware inside and out stuff and it's so totally functional.

Love and adore the salad spinner, best one I have ever used and it has a sealing lid so you can make and take or make and cool stuff.

The crimper for round sealed sandwiches was a great boon when DD was younger.

The metal mixing bowls are lightweight but very sturdy, with  snap on lids and rubberized bottoms that don't slide around and an easy to use little handle on one end.  

I have had some pieces for 15 years and they are still going strong. Love the stoneware bar pan an pizza stone. I use them in place of cookie sheets. Their serving spatulas, silicon scrapers,and bamboo spoons are the most used items in my kitchen.

They really have a lot of nice, quality tools to make your life in the kitchen easier. You can't go wrong, imo.

Edited by mom2myboys

I used to buy PC products whenever I was invited to a party, which was at least once a year. I haven't been to one in a long time, mostly, I think, because my friends and I are OLD and if we haven't felt the need for a new cooking gadget in all the years we've been cooking, it's kind of unlikely to start now.

Something I have noticed is that you can pretty much buy the exact same items at Bed Bath and Beyond or Tuesday Morning. PC isn't that much of a specialty company anymore, and their quality isn't so great that I'd pay extra money for it.

Having said that, I love my pizza stone and batter bowl. Also the spatulas are pretty great.

I have a lot of PC stoneware that I have collected over the past 15 or so years that is all well used. Last year I bought the new individual sized pizza stones, because they have a small raised edge around them. I was sooo tired of my DH making tortilla pizzas on the flat stone and having all the grease run off the pan into the oven. Of course, if he would stop putting 3 inches of cheese and pepperoni on his pizza there would not be enough grease to run off.

My chopper has gotten a lot of use over the past 15 years. About 5ys ago I bought a replacement for the round plastic piece just because it was etched and looked ugly.

I didn't know you could buy replacement parts! My 15 yo chopper is infrequently used because the round plastic piece has a crack in it. I used to use it all the time! I was thinking I needed to get a new one. Thanks for that info!

My sister loves their can opener because it doesn't leave any sharp edges.

I'm not one who gets into shopping and things for my home.  I do like to support my friends though, so have gone to numerous Pampered Chef parties.  :D  Everything I've gotten there I really like!  I've gotten the mini-spatulas, the batter bowl, the vegetable peeler, the pizza stone, the garlic press, a small sharp green knife that I use far more often than I ever imagined I would, a serrated bread knife, and more.  I'd say that all in all they are really good products.  Now, it could be that I could get those same products elsewhere and for less, but because I'm not much of a shopper, I wouldn't know.

I'm not a big one for that type of sales, but I do go to Pampered Chef parties. Also Tupperware BTW. I actually need a new pizza stone and will get it from them.

They have some quality products and the prices are OK. As others have said, their measuring/mixing bowls are outstanding, and I have some of their tools. 

Don't get me started on the pricey ones that are popular in my area. It's been years, but I went to one some years back at a neighbor's house where the average guest spent $400. Not my cupa tea.

If you ever find that, you have to post about it here. I fantasize about finding stainless steel muffin tins. I don't use nonstick and I don't want to bake in aluminum, so I have a stoneware muffin pan, but man do I hate cleaning that thing. I rarely use it, and when I do, I use silicone muffin liners (and how safe those are is questionable too!), but there's usually still a baked on mess around the tops to scrub off.

I just use the silicone liners standing up on a cookie sheet without a muffin tin. They work great, and cleanup is easy!

• Like 1

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Run-Stainless-Steel-Muffin/dp/B001ET5ZI8

• Like 2

The pizza stones are absolute junk IMO.

Cracked 3 of them (with no good reason) and trying to deal with customer service for PC is a nightmare if you're dealing with a gift (sans receipt).

Big Green Egg and Sassafras pizza stones had endured far greater stress than the junky PC and have lasted for decades at my house.

I'd give the lowest possible rating to both the stone and the customer service. Junk!

Bill

• Like 2

Cracked 3 of them (with no good reason) and trying to deal with customer service for PC is a nightmare if you're dealing with a gift (sans receipt).

Big Green Egg and Sassafras pizza stones had endured far greater stress than the junky PC and have lasted for decades at my house.

I'd give the lowest possible rating to both the stone and the customer service. Junk!

Bill

My PC pizza stone cracked too. I haven't replaced it yet, but I will check out the brands you mentioned. 

My PC pizza stone cracked too. I haven't replaced it yet, but I will check out the brands you mentioned. 

I've used my BGE stone at over 800 degrees outdoors. No issues.

The PCs cracked at 400 degrees indoors. I've used their remnants to help provide drainage when planting potted plants.

Bill

• Like 1

Count me as one who got rid of the stoneware stuff quickly after buying it.  I never liked it, but it's been several years so I don't remember exactly why.   I think I've had a few other things but have gotten rid of them.  

I found the stoneware stuff too heavy. We use it for pizza. But the rest left my house soon after entering.

Most everything you can buy from PC has an equal quality, cheaper dupe out there. I hate my stoneware and the PC stuff I do have hasn't lasted nearly as long as I would have liked.

I used to be a PC consultant, too.

Any suggestion for their trifle bowl? I want a bowl like that with long straight sides and a lid.

I just use the silicone liners standing up on a cookie sheet without a muffin tin. They work great, and cleanup is easy!

They're relatively new to me, so I haven't had the nerve to try this yet, but I will the next time I make muffins, thanks!

Thank you! I don't know why I haven't seen that before  :confused1: I get a bee in my bonnet and start looking again maybe once a year or so. Maybe it wasn't there last time I was in a mood about it? If my white silicone cups don't work out, I'll definitely go back for those. 

Bill

Mine too. I use a cast iron one now. I do like PC chopper but only during Christmas cookie season. So.Many.Nuts!

I had a cookie press that finally gave out which is AOK because I want an electric one like my mom had in the 70s.

I use the utensil carousel all the time and the smallest of the stones that fits in a toaster oven. It's perfect for a single-serving of English muffins or toast.