Menu

Best banana bread recipe

mamiof5

My mother likes this one: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=898981 

She adds a can of drained crushed pineapple, a half cup of flaked coconut, and also probably half a teaspoon (it's a three-fingered pinch really) of ginger, cinnamon, and and nutmeg to the banana mixture. She also adds cayenne, but that's a definite 'up to your taste'. You can also add up to half a stick of melted butter if you want more fat, but it works and tastes delish without it. 

I took this to a party (without the butter) to rave reviews. I offered a spread of cream cheese which was amazing. I had a bit leftover and used it to make bread pudding which was also amazing. 

• Like 1

www.food.com/amp/recipe/starbucks-banana-walnut-bread-384181?client=safari

Reduce the sugar to 1 cup or less, omit walnuts if you don't enjoy them, add chocolate chips if you feel wild and crazy ;)

Banana bread is almost always better the next day. I prefer it refrigerated. You can stick it straight in there (on a cooling rack) to cool off before putting it in a container.

Edited by zoobie
  • Like 1

I have always made the recipe from the red and white Betty Crocker book. It's always gone over well here. 

Ditto. Tried a number and it's still my favorite. 

Using really ripe bananas is the key. Real butter helps too. 

That's the one I always use too except I always double the bananas because I like a moist very dense bread (not the crumbly kind that a lot of them are).  You have to bake it longer but it's our favorite recipe here.

• Like 1